Access violation, I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by arthez, Dec 11, 2023.

1. arthez

arthez Newbie

FL is a legit copy. what's happening. is not.

Will image-line support team report me for using a pirated plugin if I make a ticket? can they interpret that by just the rest of this crash log?

it's fabfilter and the plugins in all of previous projects cannot be edited inside their plugins, or I get this violation error. I have tried

Uninstalling every version of fabfilter. restarting and installing a new one
    uninstalling fl studio except settings and reinstalling
    sfc scannow

I'm not sure. what else I could do, and it irritates me that if they can tell by that bit of code, then I'd get reported maybe even though I've spent so much money on their 400$ legit copies.

FL Studio (21.2.1.3859) [64Bit] r37347 has encountered an error and needs to restart.

Crash log saved to C:\Users\(MYNAME)\Documents\Image-Line\FL Studio\Support\Logs\Crash\ folder.

Please use Ctrl+C to copy this message and report to support.

OS Version:
    Windows 11 (Version 22H2, OS Build 22621.2715, 64-bit Edition)

Exception:
    Access violation at address 000000006637AE2E in module 'Fruity Wrapper_x64.dll'. Read of address 000000000000003C

(unsolved)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  3. stopped

stopped Platinum Record

4. arthez

arthez Newbie

5. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Audiosexual

Image-Line very often locks software they consider malicious or crack. Access Violation is an error related to malfunction on plugin inside FL Studio. So, yes, i believe if you send the ticket they will know that you're trying to use a cracked software. I don't think they will sue you or take you license off, but they will recommend you to uninstall warez in order to make the program work.

As a suggestion, i would recomend you installing Fabfilter from another team to see if works or not (if you're using R2R, try VR). If won't, you will need to buy the legit plugins.

6. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

I'm a legit FL Studio user and this is the first I've heard of it.
    I have both paid software and "shared" and haven't had any issues whatsoever.

7. arthez

arthez Newbie

are you saying you've filed a diagnostic crash or shared diagnostic report with their support team before and they helped you with "shared" or warez plugins?

8. arthez

arthez Newbie

and sadly, I tried vr. and still the same result. i hate this

9. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I cant see any other option for you then, other than going over to the dark side for FL Studio in the same way you have for Fab Filter. It might even need a reinstallation of your Win O/S

10. arthez

arthez Newbie

:(

11. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I get that it's not just the whole reinstallation, but the frustration of shelling out for something that turns out to be a complete waste of time, money and effort! But I suppose you can take heart from the fact that despite it is inconvenient and a matter of principle that it cost you a lot for something you are being prevented from using, there is at least a workaround of sorts!

12. arthez

arthez Newbie

there is so much to go through. all kinds of plugins gotta be reinstalled again and I'm audhd so, I'm pretty meticulous against myself.

anyway. at that point, I may as well send the diagnostic crash, it'll take me, 2 days at least if I don't sleep

13. OOM

OOM Platinum Record

14. arthez

arthez Newbie

15. clone

clone Audiosexual

I would uninstall Fabfilter bundle using Revo Uninstaller. Check again for access violation error after Fabfilter is gone and you have rebooted.

Then I would find another release of Fabfilter. Install those. And I would use my firewall to block them in. I would Edit my Hosts file to block any related Fabfilter domains.

I do not use Windows or FL (but used to), so don't ask me for any specific help. Those are the general steps I would take. You are asking Imageline about this FL error, because you don't know what is happening. That's how you would figure it out. Without involving other people in your problem. Your problem is not Imageline's problem and they will not help you with anything warez related. No DAW developer will. In fact, they wouldn't be able to help you, even if you had also paid for your Fabfilter plugins; if the cause of the problem is the plugin and not the DAW application.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List