Acapella Extraction

Discussion in 'Software Reviews and Tutorials' started by producer123, Sep 2, 2014.

1. producer123

producer123 Newbie

Hi Friends

I am New here, I Didnt find any correct method of ''How to Extract Vocal From a track'' for Remixing/Remaking....SO PLZ HELP ME Which Software or VST plugin Can Help Me Or Any other method.

Thanx

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Hey Samar, welcome to the forums. Please search before opening a topic. This subject has been discussed a few times at least and I just found 2 articles already. If you can't find them with our search then use google and simply enter "AudioSex Extract Acapella" and you'll get some results.

How to extract Acapellas

How To Make Clean DIY Acapella

4. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

The reason you haven't found a "correct" way also might be because there's no way to really do it. You can somewhat isolate the vocals with a lot of EQing but in the end it's always going to sound a bit messy and crap. If you're planning on modifiying it (slo motion and the like) then that can do the trick. If you want clean vocals, you need the actual acapella version, period (which is extremely frustrating I know :rofl: ).

5. producer123

producer123 Newbie

Thanks Catalyst ..

6. Vince Bramich

Vince Bramich Ultrasonic

The best way I find is to get a hold of an instrumental version of the track (which is much more likely to be released) and layer it over the top of the original, but reverse the phase. This will cancel out all but the vocals.

But you have to be precise and make sure you have warp turned off.

Otherwise you're looking at mid/side eq.
    filter out the sides completely to begin with and notch out what you can from the centre.
    If the acapella ends up sounding really thin, add a little distortion to create harmonics and fill out the frequency range again.