Academy.fm and Sonic Academy tutorials

Discussion in 'Education' started by Mr. X, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Mr. X

Mr. X Kapellmeister

So I've watched a few tutorials from both and I always end up bored, fast forwarding/deleting the crap. If it's not a sleepy dude who mumbles then their technical skills are laughable, always something crappy going on. I believe the general quality of their tutorials is quite low.

Who or what should I watch instead? Got any tips?

Example of a sleeping pill: Academy.fm.Introduction.To.FabFilter.Software.Mixing.and.Mastering.Tools

3. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I don't know your level but personnally I have liked a lot some years ago "Steinberg internal mixing" which are 2 dvds , vol 1 and vol 2.
    You should find it with some searches.It is in several languages and so useful.

4. Mr. X

Mr. X Kapellmeister

Thanks, will check it out.

5. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

i use vlc playerv and increase the playback speed. also fast forward if you already know the content.

6. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I have heard this, nearly verbatim, from so many people that it's ridiculous.
    Tutorials are not the latest installment in some vapid summer movie franchise, they are learning tools. If they're teaching you nothing that you don't already know, that doesn't necessarily make them bad tutorials, just skip through them for nugets of information as tidus1990 suggested.
    If they are actually poorly done and you can tell from the very beginning that they don't have the necessary information, then yes, by all means, skip them enitrely, but if they aren't keeping your attention because of lack of plot twists, nudity or explosions, suck it up.
    I, personally, have never come across a tutorial that wasn't an exercise in tedium. :dunno:

7. safran5020

safran5020 Platinum Record

Groove3 author and music technologist Eli Krantzberg's video tutorials are my preferred ones because of his level of knowledge in many aspect of "music" not only does he makes great reviews of many products but his theory is far beyond many other tutorials "makers".

Also his "international" pronunciation makes it a lot easier to understand than many other foreign bad English speakers...