Absence of instruments' lengthy parts - the most major problem for today's music

Discussion in 'Education' started by ICWC, Jan 15, 2019.

1. ICWC

ICWC Guest

Instruments are being misused. I mean tens of sounds or more in a single song but non of them is usually associated with the lengthy instrumental parts. The longest instrumental parts usually take 10 seconds or less and suddenly songs enter into other sections with different non-coherent arrangements or mixes of sounds.

1- I think this is the most important shortcoming that must be remedied. What do you think? Do you think that no one uses instruments as intended to be used anymore?

2- Does this mean that 1 in 1000 individuals is really instrumentalist and others just mixer guys?

Thanks in advance!:bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2019
  3. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Nope, this means you're listening to music for a mass audience, where attention spans are much shorter than they used to be. It's the same for YouTube and 2-5 minute videos max. The vast majority of people nowadays starts Spotify and does their cooking or homework. If the song doesn't get to the chorus in 30 seconds, they skip to the next song. It's basically arrangement trends that tailors to that specific audience.