About Watermarks and its risks for a new composer

Discussion in 'Software' started by zarea, May 31, 2024.

1. zarea

zarea Guest

Greetings everyone! First of all this question is purely and solely for educational purposes, on how people treat this subject. What are watermarks?

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2024
  3. shinyzen

shinyzen Rock Star

i wouldnt sweat it

4. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

If the samples are royalty free, don't worry, because it's part of the agreement that they won't sue you (the developers). But in any case it's a good idea to check the terms and conditions every time you use a 3rd party sample or lib, even if it's cracked.

5. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Producer

So this one time at Bandcamp I didn't have a flute of my own to stick in my track. So another music pal who also had no flute helped me by using a sample library of a flute to create a loop for me. They sent me the loop and I stuck that flute in my you know what you know where.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

I think you should explore more Kontakt libraries. Using everything from one source would confirm what you are doing way more easily. Say someone hears a piano library they made being used. They may think it is "vaguely familiar" or worse. But nothing would confirm someone's suspicions more, than every other sample source being "vaguely familiar" too.

I'd worry about that more than a watermark being digitally tracked down back to you.

7. DontKnowJack

DontKnowJack Producer

Reported to the kroked libreries patrol. Expect a krok knock on your door at any moment, you sample stealing uncouth hooligan.