About VirtualSoundStage 2.0

Discussion in 'Software' started by mercurysoto, Sep 21, 2014.

1. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    First of all, thanks Kook for bringing my attention to it. I wasn't even aware that such a plugin ever existed.

Here's the thing: I'm buying the lite license, but being restricted to Concert Hall A is not very productive for me, so I don't think I won't activate my license until I can pay for the upgrade to get all the features running. I personally like the Studio space more, and I see myself using it a lot. Some users might argue that Vienna MIR and other (more costly) solutions might do a better job, but I don't see myself using pan pots anymore.

Here is a question to you all:

How can one make the best use of the demo? Here's my workflow thus far:

1. Set up the mixer faders at an appropriate starting level of -9.
    2. Route tracks to form stereo bus stems (say, drum bus, bass, rhythm guitars, lead guitars, solo instruments, main vocals, background vocals, etc).
    3. Instantiate VSS on each stereo bus.
    4. Play around with positioning and stage panorama by ear to taste.
    5. Solo each track within VSS and render each bus to a stereo track.
    6. Once the stems are exported, I start a new project and import the stems in stereo tracks (which will maintain the pan relationships) and proceed with automation, dynamics control, EQing, and FXs.

Is there anything you'd add to my workflow? Of course, this is a temporary solution. As soon as I'm able to pay the full $229 (my starting license plus the upgrade) I'll use it as intended, saving all my positioning to file and working faster.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Peace to all of you.

3. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Can i suggest a lamer solution ? :wink:
    Only your settings are not saved in the demo version, right ?

So set everything right in the first place (position, stage...) with Studio room demo version, and use a deconvolver on each separate section.
    Once you've done this, load any convolution reverb on each separate section with the corresponding IR capture :wink:
    Once you save this, with empty tracks, you get a template with "room" settings and instruments situation.
    You can change position/stage, deconvolve again...and save another empty template with new IR loaded.

I know, i'm the devil :rofl:
    :wink: :mates:

4. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Thanks for the idea. Now it's only fair for me to add an update. I could not resist the urge and installed the Lite version of VSS. How awesome. The paid-for version lives alongside my demo. It's another installer. So I can continue to drool over the features it can't save and keep fiddling along in the demo version, and I can finesse my tweaks in my only room available at the moment in the Lite version.

I have to tell you this is an amazing company that keeps the business running without losing the client's perspective. I am only waiting to save my extra dough to upgrade to the full version.

Peace to you all.