About : Impact Soundworks PEARL Concert Grand Kontakt

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Mr_Amine, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

Since i tried Impact "Soundworks PEARL Concert Grand Kontakt library" 16bit & 24bit
    Honestly I Didn't Heard Any difference Between 16bit & 24bit ,
    I Want to know if I'm wrong about this & is the 16bit & 24bit can affect the mics quality
    If So , Should i Delete the 16bit
    PS : To Me RAM Isn't An Issue

3. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

I usually pick one and delete the other in cases like this to save space.

4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Trust your ears Mr_Amine!!!!

5. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

You can hear the difference if you put hard compressor. limiter and long reverb.
    The difference is in the tail, it gives more degrees in volume and thats it.
    Headroom can be important in a big orchestration with a piano solo.
    In the real world its nonsense have 24 bits, but its future safe, but in the future probably will be better pianos *yes*

6. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Bit Depth > No of bits you have to capture audio. If u think in terms of steps then at 24 bit you have 256 times as many possible levels. This leads to Bit Rate > amount of data per second required transmit the file.

In real terms recording at 24/96 leads to audio resolution 250 that recorded at 16/44.1. It also takes roughly 3.2 times the disc space.

The bit depth can't affect the mics quality but rather the perceived quality of sound and depth of data captured.

You can argue forever about the merits of many different types.

However in practical terms when the audio all ready been captured as stated above probably best to consider things such as space taken over sound difference, make a choice & pick which u like best & delete the other

7. Resonance

Resonance Newbie

I'll keep it simple. It can be hard to hear but 24bit will give the recording more steps in the dynamic range and thats where the extra quality is, smoother jumps between any signal volume changes.