About Audioz search mechanism

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by upliftom, Jun 6, 2015.

1. upliftom

upliftom Member

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to point out that searching on Audioz is a bit strange.

For example: If you search "rock mixing" there are no hits at all whereas typing "mixing rock" there are many hits.

I know that this isn't google's searching mechanism but I thought you should know :)

(Don't know if this is the correct section for this so feel free to move or delete this)

Cheers,

3. geraldthegenius

geraldthegenius Noisemaker

That's because this is a music forum not a petrology (the study of rocks) forum...duh!

Jk, that is mad weird. Im sure it will be optimized sooner or later. Good catch.

4. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

He said about rock as example, it DOESN'T MATTER.
    He says this searches only by word order, not search by each word...If you wright "fuck you", it will search only "fuck you" posts, not "you fuck" ones...
    There should be global preferences to adjust searches like "How to search: word order only, all words, ..."
    Or if I write "Vintage Warmer", it finds only "Vintage Warmer", not "VintageWarmer".
    A lot of nuances should revised

5. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

hmm maybe the search is made in such a way where it is very strict with the title order. After all, it is trying to find items
    titled by other users. So if your title doesnt match the specific title of whats been uploaded, it wouldnt find it properly...

For eg. if you try searching u-he Hive you will return an expected result, because most people would title things according to
    a Brand/Product Standard. First they will name the brand and then the product being uploaded. If you utilise this standard then you
    will get the proper results...

Maybe to a certain extent this is better... or maybe instead of a standard search they can standardize a rule for searching specifically
    on this site.

Eg. Instead of having ur standard search bar that's like "Search : ______________", you can have something like "Brand Name: _____________" and then "Product: ______________".
    That way people have a more streamlined approach to searching for audio products and have a more "service catered" nature to the audioz experience...

6. pimpdrop

pimpdrop Ultrasonic

I recently posted something on AudioZ and it got rejected because it had already been shared months before. Before posting, I searched the site for 2 days because I couldn't believe that someone else hadn't shared it yet. Shook my head in disbelief *no* went the mod gave me the link to the existing post.

That search mechanism... :snuffy:

7. Revirau

Revirau Kapellmeister

Well, I tested this using words you can find in this thread:
    "rock" gives me a lot of results no matter if it's in the tittle or not.
    "Example" gives me nothing.
    "Search" gives me a lot of results: this one which has the word in the tittle and others without it.
    "Fuck you" gives me this one and other with only "fuck" or "you".

I've checked the "forums" option in all these searches.

8. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Revirau, we are talking about AudioZ searcher) not AudioSexual searcher) :mates:
    Here is another kind of searching system, but searcher of the AudioZ is too simple.

9. Revirau

Revirau Kapellmeister

Yes, you're right. Maybe I missunderstood the point because sometimes it's not so easy to find what I want here (searching, I mean).
    Thank you.

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Just curious but what was it that you were searching for? I bet you that I'll find it in 2 seconds.

PS things are hard to find because uploaders don't properly name releases or members don't properly search. Things should adhere to the way it is named on the site that the release info is on. Can the algorithm be refined? Sure it can. One of my goals here is to improve the search as well because I think it can be better but for some reason I've never had a problem searching on AudioZ and believe me that I search the site a lot more than you guys do. You also can make use of DuckDuckGo which we include because it sometimes gives better results.

11. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

thank you for reminding me about this problem upliftom. i will put this into my endless ToDO list. :bow: