Ableton's AIFC samples

Discussion in 'Live' started by aghori, Jul 15, 2022.

1. aghori

aghori Ultrasonic

Anyone knows how to deal with these and open them in third party apps? I have some advanced audio software (on Win10) and I can't do anything with it, can't read them, can't convert them to wav/flac.
    I want this so I can browse the samples in a third party audi player instead of just letting them lying around and ignoring their existence.

To be clear, I'm talking about the stuff in some LIve Suite packs, they're .aif files when using windows navigator, but loading thme n a player, it tells me they're actually AIFC (compressed... and protected?)

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

4. aghori

aghori Ultrasonic

Yes, I think it's accurate, although I tried opening it in Audacity (even reinstalling that FFMPEG package) and it won't do it.

5. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I did not understand well. Where you can't reproduce them. in Ableton or in a player on windows?

6. Ryck

Ryck Guest

If I misunderstood. They are Ableton files that you can only play in Ableton but not in a Windows player. I don't use Ableton. But something similar happened to me with some samples that I wanted to use from FL Studio, and I had to first export them to .Wav

7. aghori

aghori Ultrasonic

Yes, that's right. Ableton comes with its own sample/instrument packs that contains AIFC samples, the thing is, there's so many of them it's a pain in the butt to browse through it to find what you want. I thought I would be able to play them outside of ableton, but apparently it's a problem. I was just wondering if there was a simple method to solve that issue.
    Obviously, I could bounce these samples directly inside Ableton (drag it on a track and export them to wav), but it would take too much time, I want either to batch convert them, or to find the right codec/method so I can read these files everywhere.

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

if it was "valuable" content, meaning worth someone's time to rip separately; I think you would be able to find them in a downloadable format already. You see where this is headed, I hope? On Mac without Ableton installed, all I get is "Recorded" folder, and AIF files.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  9. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I have Ableton here, I don't use it like I said before. I mean, I use it in a very special case. I just played some tracks. like this "Kick 007.aif" plays without problems with VLC. Are you trying with the ones in Program data/ Core library?

It's Abelton 11. If you tell me the name of any of the tracks or the folder, maybe I can check it.

10. Ryck

Ryck Guest

On the other hand, if you want to convert several audio files to another format without a headache and with great ease
    "dbpoweramp" is an amazing tool

Edit:

I just tried the audio samples that I had mentioned in FL Studio that cannot be played. And it won't even let me convert them with dbpoweramp , or open them with another program like S1. It tells me I don't have that codec. Maybe it's the same case with those files you can't open. The program may have specific codes for those samples.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2022