Ableton & Sylenth Volume Parameter Problem

Discussion in 'Live' started by niceaudio, Feb 5, 2014.

1. niceaudio

niceaudio Newbie

Hi does anyone know how to prevent the problem with ableton (8.3) + Sylenth, Basically the Master volume knob in Sylenth keeps turning itself down all the time when im producing music and im having to reset it all the time....is there something i can do in Ableton or sylenth to prevent this from happening all the time...

thanks

matt

3. i05fr3d

i05fr3d Newbie

Have you done anything like adding automation to your mix? Try turning off your automation in your DAW and see what happens as you use Sylenth.

4. niceaudio

niceaudio Newbie

Hi thanks, Yes, Its when i havent done any automation.....I simply drag in a midi file on my midi track and now and again the volume turns it self down.......Now im thinking it could possibly be the midi file i imported onto the track.....hmmmm, im really not sure, thanks for the help though :)

5. zero-frag

zero-frag Producer

i've had this happen with imported midis. In the arrangement view click on your midi clip, then at the bottom left click on the little "E" button to see the envelopes. Click on the drop down menu where it says "pitch bend" and you'll see that some parameters (the red ones) are automated. So then just click on whatever parameter you want, ctrl+A and delete to remove the automation, cheers !

6. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Maybe MIDI CC (like Volume) is controlling your sylenth? I've had a similar issue in another DAW, fixed by deleting some CCs.