Ableton Push with Studio One

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by mrpsanter, Apr 13, 2014.

1. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Despite the fact that this controler is officialy made for Live, I was wondering if it was possible to use it with S1 'unofficially'?

3. ned944

ned944 Moderator

Will Push work with other music software?

Push was designed as a musical instrument which harnesses the power of Live 9. The hardware can also be used as a generic controller, so that you can send basic MIDI information to other software, but you can only use the full features of Push as an instrument with Live 9. There are no plans to fully integrate Push with any other DAWs in the future.

4. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Thanks for your reply,

Good enough but I'm wondering what 'full features' will not be available in Studio One for example?

5. AuralVirus

AuralVirus Newbie

About £200 quids worth of stuff not being available :rofl: :bleh: but seriously....
    Instead of shelling out £430+ Why not get Novations Launchpad (£150ish) or Livid Instruments Base (£200ish) (or other more comprehensive/expensive models) or the very affordable Akai APC Mini USB Ableton Live Controller (£80)(or the apc 20 or 40 look far better than push(?)especially for the money or am I missing something?

btw Push will still give all the usual midi controls just not the specifics aimed at/for abletons so I'd assume it will work the same as the any of the above mentioned controllers which returns us back to my initial question - why not just get 1 of those and save a bunch of cash (ie the cash you are being charged for the ableton specific "extras" but (i assume) you'll not be using). phew.

To find out what wont be available read a review or 2 and whatever is ableton specific, deduct that. (buy a novation launchpad - heck for the cash saved you could buy 2 different controllers (a launchpad AND a launchkey! check it out you'd have far more at the end of it for less cash.)

Maybe even consider building your own to start with(?)
    see
    Sugarcube-midi-controller-DIY-build

6. audioplg

audioplg Ultrasonic

yes you can with http://www.nativekontrol.com/PXT-General.html

check this vid about it
    http://youtu.be/EYf0W7JWPiI

7. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Turk,

Thank you very much for opening my eyes. I will 'forget' Push as well as Maschine for the sake of one of Novation's controler. :)

8. Tomassio

Tomassio Newbie

9. acatnamedharmony

acatnamedharmony Ultrasonic

With the Live 10 Update you can use Ableton Push while Live is a rewire slave.

I was really excited at first by this. However, It's implementation, is utterly lacking! Since Ableton doesn't play super well as a rewire slave all VSTs disabled as well as M4L and just as a limitation of rewire, rewire slaves can't send MIDI.

I've found that Maschine in vst mode plays a lot better with Studio One.