Ableton Plugin Skinnerbox: TIME & TIMBRE

Discussion in 'Software' started by liquid23, Nov 25, 2014.

1. liquid23

liquid23 Ultrasonic

Berlin-based duo Skinnerbox has earned a reputation as a thrilling live act at raves and clubs thanks to infectiously ecstatic, and completely improvised performances. Sometimes playing for up to 12 hours at a stretch, Skinnerbox have cultivated quite a few strategies and custom solutions to keep their rhythm-centric live sets fresh, varied and musically engaging. Luckily for us, the duo of Olaf Hilgenfeld and Iftah Gabbai are talented programmers who want to share their inventions with the rest of the world. And so they now present TIME & TIMBRE – a Max for Live percussion instrument and time engine that is the result of three years of intensive development and refinement.

TIME & TIMBRE is based on familiar concepts such as step sequencing and percussion synthesis, but takes them far beyond the capabilities of conventional drum machines. Check out this video for a taste of the possibilities:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOVMlAxJReM

This looks great!

3. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

nice plugin

4. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

im sold on this. I cant even get this since i have a cracke ableton live :( wow i wont be able to sleep for a while :o

5. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Yep, tis a doozie and no mistaking! :thumbsup:

Hope it "turns up". :wink: