Ableton plugin default states

Discussion in 'Live' started by B00nD0ggie, Jan 3, 2022.

1. B00nD0ggie

B00nD0ggie Kapellmeister

I made a rant about why Ableton overwrites your set defaults whenever u install a new version, well this might be a part two, lol. Ableton at least has the ability to set defaults plugin states for outboard and built-in efx and instruments, this is great. But one thing I noticed it doesn't have that ability is for Max devices, which is so damn frustrating. A few Max devices, particularly Cellular Degradation, which is excellent at making textures and backgrounds that"grow", when u load them come playing already, out the gate, full tilt, which is not so much a problem because they have volume/gain control. BUT the gain is fixed -15, and since the plugin randomizes the seed sound, -15 might be too loud or even too soft when u load up the plugin. Bu this is what happens to me every time: I'm always composing at a reasonably loud level (I'm in the zone, sue me) and this thing comes at me WAY TOO LOUD! Yo, it shocks me to the core! So I'm thinking, I'll just make a default for it with the volume set -30 or so... nope! Cant make a default preset for it.
    Why Ableton... WHHHYYYYYY???
    Just a rant, Ableton is still the bestestst.