Ableton Packs with Legal Ableton

Discussion in 'Live' started by kabelkotze, May 27, 2014.

1. kabelkotze

kabelkotze Noisemaker

Hi Live-User,

i have bought Live 9 Suite few months ago and I want to try an Ableton Pack from Sample Logic. But these Releases don't work with my legal Live License. Anyone know how to achieve that?

Cheers

3. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

hmmm... they should work. One thing is Live license and another one, the packs. What's the error?

4. Gnib

Gnib Producer

Yep,

All 3rd party packs work in Live 9, also the 'non legal' ones and Live 8 packs. They show up as "legacy".

Contact Ableton Support.

5. audioplg

audioplg Ultrasonic

your licence in the legal version dose not have a the key to decrypt the encrypted files so you can install the live pack but the files are encrypted
    even if you install the live pack on the unlocked version the files still remain encrypted until they are loaded
    for you to make them work in your version you would have to re-save each individual audio file in the pack by exporting it.
    along and labourus task so if you really want to use them do a dual boot system where one of the os installs has the unlocked version of live on.
    or buy them to get the licence key on your account to use them in your licenced version.

6. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Congrats and Respect for supporting those people who work their butts off to bring us one of the most fun and intuitive music producing soft wares in existence. Good on ya! :thumbsup:

Regards your problem, Audiopig seems to understand the tech issue and his explanation seems sound.

The cure? Why not just install the IO version available on our sister site and have access to all the goodies?

Hope you get what you want, all the best. :mates:

7. tek909

tek909 Member

Yeah, I think you could also do a "export Live pack to user Library" on a unlocked version. Then copy those exported folders/files over to your legit version. Also, if it works the way i mentioned you wouldn't have to do one file at a time, you'd just be converting each pack one at a time. Or just do it the old fashion way, and buy them. ;) Good luck and regards!

8. kabelkotze

kabelkotze Noisemaker

Hi,

thanks for your replies. :) Seems like i can achieve that easily, since I am using a Notebook also next to my Audio-PC for VST over LAN.

Yea, i like the old fashion way. Unfortunately it isn't always possible for me :( But Try before Buy and really Buy is important for continuos used Software to support the developers and show, we are no pirates. :)

Cheers