Ableton Live with APC40

Discussion in 'Live' started by leroi, Sep 5, 2014.

1. leroi

leroi Newbie

I am considering purchasing an APC 40, but because I don't have a legit version of Live 9 I was wondering if anyone could help me. Basically I want to know if anyones experienced any problems using an APC on a cracked version of live before i fork out the money,

cheers

3. Levitate

Levitate Producer

I'm pretty sure it works well from researching. I've done a ton of research on the Novation Launchpad.And I believe I've read they share almost similar controls. I believe if I've read right that people have taken modified scripts for the APC40 and made the Launchpad function in different apps.

I may have read wrong. :dunno: But I'm pretty sure it works quite awesome.If it's anything like the push or even the LP.I highly recommend it.

I've had a LP for a few months and I love it.Pretty much half of any midi recording I do is with it.Especially for drums and sample triggering.

And just so many awesome functions and controls,can control fx,vol levels,filters.And I've recently got my LP to work with Virtual DJ and Traktor.

So it's just been non stop fun and awesomeness since I've got it.My kids love it too.I try to teach them anything I know musically.My 13 yr old son figured out more in 10 min than I did in 10 days on it at first. :rofl:

I'm way past him now,but I've had a lot of time to study and play with it while he's off with his friends and now he's back to school so...Muahahahaha

But yeah I'm pretty sure it's awesome,but most definitely do your research,it would be a shame to buy it and it wont do what you're wanting.

I hope we have a few APC40 users that chime in.They'd know a lot more than I.

Best of luck!

Peace

4. copylefter

copylefter Producer

In 99% of cases, cracked software behave exactly like legit.
    There are even case (iLok1 cracks - XVX back in the days) where they works better, as a lot of useless CP code called every tenth second is skipped.
    In Ableton case, don't worry. I used to have an APC40 years ago and liked playing with it a lot, then I was forced to sell it, but that's another story.
    Also, having reversed Ableton, I can assure you it can't be any different from a legit version. :wink:

5. Levitate

Levitate Producer

copylefter I love your signature!!

6. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Leroi... it works fine.. I use an APC40 and K'd Live 9, flawless integration. :thumbsup:

7. mcclaine

mcclaine Ultrasonic

Same case here, use APC40 and k'd Live 9, works perfectly. I even used it as a controller for Traktor sometimes and is a lot of fun.
    In my laptop i used Live legit LE version that came with Focusrite soundcard, and you can't tell the difference between. Works great.