Ableton Live wishlist

Discussion in 'Live' started by badformat, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

You can right-click the title bar for devices and "edit info text", so when you hover the device's title bar, whatever you've written there shows up.

@sisyphus what's wrong with the bussing? I love Live's routing. Especially (not bussing but) External Instrument device is about the most convenient solution for multitimbral devices that I've ever used.

Otherwise - I agree with you about takes. If I made a list loop record & take comping would be 1-10 on it.

2. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

[/QUOTE]@sisyphus what's wrong with the bussing? I love Live's routing. Especially (not bussing but) External Instrument device is about the most convenient solution for multitimbral devices that I've ever used.

Otherwise - I agree with you about takes. If I made a list loop record & take comping would be 1-10 on it.[/QUOTE]

I just wish I could take say, all my drums (since they often are comprised of different groups, and without groups within groups), or basses etc…. and just easily send them to dedicated bus without messing with the send levels etc, like in PT, where you would just select a bunch of tracks, and they appear over on the right as AUX channels etc… We all know we can't do groups within groups, and setting up sends/returns requires setting levels for them which can get a little dicey, especially since as others have mentioned, we are not really sure about PDC works on the sends/returns…. but there is a good chance I am missing something…

i do agree that the external instrument device is pretty great!

I know the workaround on "notes", but it's a little clumsy, and would it kill them just to add that, and could be toggled on the screen like everything else? and takes, christ, would that be nice rather then having million tracks down at the bottom or end of timeline, or buried etc… pita, and I can't imagine that would be too difficult to code…

ALSO: a midi LIST editor would be bee knees…

and the ability to actually TYPE in values of things in automation, instead of hoping and frustratingly trying to get, say "utility" automation back to 0.0 db's etc…. just a right clickable field or something….

3. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

-Full skin editing. i mean not the booring colorscheme editing.
    -tabbed projects (to load more than one project)
    -64bit version only with 32bit vst bridging to support older vsts.

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

There is already a way to have group tracks within group tracks. It's not technically group tracks, and takes a tiny bit of re-routing, but does the same job.

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

@Bunford i know about that, i use it a lot to double up stuff with some effects, but still its not the same, but it makes stuff a bit messy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. guitarie

guitarie Kapellmeister

it would be nice if you could select a folded-group in arrangment view and make the selected clips smaller of larger by selecting and scrolling with the mouse. Now you have to open the folded-group...very irritating

7. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

yeah @Bunford , that's not really at all what we are talking about,…. of course one can apply a single side chain over a group, we are talking about something different, like selecting say groups of "synth basses" and "real basses" and routing them to one large aux that comprises ALL the basses or something like that in your song… Right now, no real way to do that outside of the shimshammy send/return route, which we are STILL not sure deals with PDC correctly etc…

8. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I don't mean to insult you because what I'm going to propose here is really basic, so I'm guessing I misunderstand what it is you're trying to do, but can't you just set the tracks' outputs to another audio track which has its 'monitoring' value set to IN?

It won't appear on the right as a return track but it will accomplish what you want to do regarding processing all of your grouped tracks as one.

Which brings me to another point... I normally set up a fair number of sends. In fact my template project has several sends on it to begin with: a long reverb and a tight one, an exciter, a delay. I really dislike that those sends are always docked. I would love to be able to just... scroll them out of view like every other track. They are the ONLY tracks on my session that I almost never have to do any arrange view editing on. Why are they ever-present on the arrange view?

9. Bassmonsta

Bassmonsta Ultrasonic

All of the above! lol

10. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

That's NOT insulting at all!! :wink::mates:, and a good idea, it's just I believe doing it that way with the byzantine nature of the way Ableton works could introduce all sorts of delays (like when you use external instruments or fx etc) with buffers etc… and again, not sure how that deals with PDC…. also, not sure how that deals with the whole bouncing issue etc… (one that PT doesn't deal with too well itself I might add…)… sorry, my brain is kinda spaghetti right now, but that is absolutely ONE way to skin a cat! just worried about the other issues it might introduce!

11. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

You can make them disappear completly, as some other things, in session view and in arrange view, juste use the "R" yellow/black buttons on the low right.

12. badformat

badformat Ultrasonic

I've seen some interesting stuff on the same video.

Inline editor (and yes, clips with colored background)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mixer+Arrangement view

[​IMG]

13. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Holy crap you're right I completely forgot about that. Thank you!

Just for the general good of those in this thread, there is pnemonic SLIMBRO. Ctrl+Alt + Each of those keys shows/hides a part of the interface. The R, of course, is return tracks as NicoDPS smartly pointed out.

14. ijash

ijash Newbie

how about detachable SMPTE time code for recording voice overs and foleys..?

15. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

A lower price... a good start for me :drummer::chilling:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  16. muse2love

muse2love Producer

a ghost daw ?

PeaceR

17. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

I dont know if its mentioned before, but a cloudstoring of all the user settings and userfiles and syncing whenever connected to the internet woud be cool in my opinion so you just need a basic portable version of Live and you could just take it with you on a usb-stick to everywhere. This is important in the case you loose your data in a state of hd/pc defekt You even have no need to carry a laptop with you. You could just use the computers on your customers'/friends'/etc's. place etc. Maybe you would need only your 3rd party plugins on the stick.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  18. donniekq

donniekq Member

I would like an option to show/hide the zero-position line on waveforms in the arrangement view, like there's one in simpler, so I don't have to make fades or make cuts there, I would like to cut at 0 crossing point directly in the arrangement( btw if anyone knows a way to show that, let me know). Also better color customization, the colors are starting to get annoying.

19. Gnib

Gnib Producer

Most of the above plus:
    • Automatic color adaption when you move a clip to another track
    • Flac support
    • Vertical zooming
    • Including an audio editor
    • Price drop of 25%
    • Ability to buy all extension packs through the Ableton shop (Like Sonic Faction)
    • Bounce Stereo
    • An Ableton Max4Live device to use my Kontakt shit. There is one 3rd party, but you do will have to shake your creditcard again
    • Resizing the scenes/clips area for better mixing

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  20. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

Maybe I miss understood you but you can resize the height of tracks in arrangement view

But yes vertical zooming or at least expansing and collapsing of all tracks at once in arrangement view would be great

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015