Ableton Live updated to 9.1.4

Discussion in 'Software News' started by ArticStorm, Jul 24, 2014.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Code:
    https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/live-9-release-notes/
    only a bugfix release.

3. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Tonight I update Live 9.1.3 on my Mac machine and I have troubles... As I run and register Live, after 10 minutes I cannot run it says "it's unauthorized"...
    After some time of darkness and mistery :dunno: finally I realize that Live is updated to 9.1.4 :rofl:
    ... ahh, I'm stupid and I forgot to turn off auto update :)

and yes, rewire and Live 9 on windows sucks !

4. ArticStorm

hey nikon,

turn off automatic updates, thats what i do!

5. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

I know, I figure out that after of spending some time in mistery.
    Everything is working great earlier and auto update was OFF, and I decide to clean up things in system so I delete everything related to ableton in the way to make clean setup, for testing opening time of Live.
    And that's why auto update was ON again :)

Live 9 without Max4Live and with a few extensions (drum machines, retro synths) and few custom folders with samples work great, and opening fast.
    Before this cleaning, first opening of Live was 2 minutes or more... Maybe Max4Live defecting opening time.

6. ArticStorm

m4l only opens when you drop in a amxd file in the ableton.

sometimes ableton database or pref gets dirty and ableton loads slow. you can delete the database and the pref and it should work again.

7. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Yes, I know that, it's just guesing

8. copylefter

copylefter Producer

This has got my attention. I'm not expecting them to have finally fixed PDC, but at least a little step.
    Downloading right now, I wanna see what's changed with PDC [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Say what ya like bout Ableton, tis still the update that tingles me the most!

Hmmmm, delete the database and prefs you say......? What kind of trickery is this.....? Maybe that`s why I can make lurve :hug: thrice in the time it takes for me to launch Live!!!

At least dirty databases keep Mrs Pilz happy and dirty I guess.... :thumbsup:

10. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

i mustve carelessly forgot to turn off autoupdater for mac 9.1.3, and ableton became unauthorized today. I tried the 9.1.3 .auz - drag- file thing from the original install but had no luck. No work no more. So, after that, I totally uninstalled / deleted everything... the app, lib/ app support, lib/ pref, user/lib/ pref, cache , rewire support , etc. Then, i copied older mac 9.1.2 release from ext. hd and at least that worked and was authorized...

then, i see 9.1.4 was released... i pm'd copy bout my problem, and he said not to worry, the 9.1.4 will work for sure...
    but it didn't!!!

of course, live 9.1.2 is fine, and i'm not sure my situation was helped by any of the updates since; however, does anyone know how i can fix this??

One thing i wondered about, after doing the patch of app with 9.1.2 release, when it finished, it said , " Patch completed successfully," or something like that... but, when i tried to patch the 9.1.4 app later this evening, there was no message of completion or success... it just disappeared after dragging or navigating to select app. I tried it twice I think, because of no message... is that how it was supposed to work?.. or is that a sign of what might be my problem?

Also, i didnt uninstall anything beforehand. After successfully installing/authorizing 9.1.2... an hour later, i saw new release, dl'd it , and just did the install... i thought i remembered seeing somewhere that you dont have to uninstall or whatever... was that wrong?.. there was nothin in any nfo's saying either-or so...

?????
    i'm on mav 10.9.4 btw