Ableton Live - setting default Live set issue (Windows)

Discussion in 'Live' started by Alpha0ne, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Hi, Ableton Live has a bug since, I dont know exactly, but it has begun with version 11.x.
    If u try to save ur set as a standard Live set, then close and reopen Ableton Live and close it again before u do anything, it asks u everytime, whether u want to save the changes in ur Live set, although u havent done anything. This is definitely a bug, because it hadn't happened before the last 10 years. To avoid this behavior u have to save ur set as "DefaultLiveSet.als", then over write manunally the Live's original DefaultLiveSet.als in the "D:\Program Files\Ableton\Live 11 Suite\Resources\Builtin\Templates" folder. (U could have ur Live installation maybe on another drive. I have it on D. So maybe u have to change the driveletter accordingly). Because if u try to save ur set as default Live set, it saves it in the user templates folder and that is making this bug I think. I dont know how to make such mistakes at coding this software, which worked fine from the beginning. Why they are "verschlimmbessern" things?

This was just my solution for the problem, if someone has the same issues on their Windows machines.

3. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

What I have also found is that, if u open a template from basefiles (In my computer "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 11.2.5\Preferences\BaseFiles" it creates a copy everytime u use the template and it is bloating ur basefiles folder. Its also a bug.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022