Ableton Live - plugin could not be found

Discussion in 'Live' started by nmkeraj, Aug 16, 2023.

1. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

Ableton Live 11.3.4 R2R sometimes can't load plugins on start-up. After restarting AL the plugins are loaded normally.

PS. I have just found out when the problem occurs. I created a shortcut key in the properties (right click) of a shortcut of AL on the desktop. When I start AL using the shortcut AL can't load plugins. When I start it with double click AL loads the plugins as usual. What is the problem with the shortcut? It is WIndows 11.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  3. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

Any suggestion as to why the created shortcut is launching Ableton in a sort of non-all-plugins-scanning mode?

4. Zoketula

Zoketula Guest

Could be a permission problem. You could compare the permissions (right click - Properties) of the Live.exe and the shortcut. The shortcut might start Live with restricted rights when it needs full disc access. Just a guess.

5. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

Definitely, it changes something and helps. I ticked on Start as Administrator in Properties/Advanced and Ableton is loading plugins properly at 99%. But I sometimes have to restart the app. The main problematic plugin was Sonarworks on the master track. It was shown in the browser but not loaded as it was missing. I had to load it manually. I noticed that when I launch Abl too quickly after booting the system it gives the same problem. But still, the problem has been occurring when I use the mentioned keyboard shortcut.

6. Zoketula

Zoketula Guest

7. Cclcng

Cclcng Ultrasonic

I think that this can also happen with plugins that are protected by ilok tha haven't been activated...
    I noticed this with a couple legit purchases. Sometimes the plugins don't show up period.
    plugins i've noticed it with: Pigments ( quite a bit/ different versions) falcon , breaktweaker. also
    that carbon guitar plugin ujam carbon. Is it just me or does this plugin just completely fuck everything every time it getrs scanned? HOrrifying! there is, like, no way to uninstall it fully. (obviously everything can be removed with the right tools) . it just keeps popping up over and over.
    also
    I had a really terrible issue with independence.. but I digress from the OPs original question.. maybe i should start a thread about this