Ableton Live Plug In and Performance

Discussion in 'Live' started by ShimrMuzik, Jan 18, 2019.

1. ShimrMuzik

ShimrMuzik Newbie

Hello y'all , I'm new on the Forum but I know this Website for a long time now , this is my first time on a Forum , I hope to be in the right section where I can get answer to all my questions.

I'm using Ableton Live 8 , and I planned to upgrade my Laptop with a 1 To SSD ,it's a Lenovo Z500 , Intel Core i5 @2.30Ghz 16 Go Ram , 1 To HDD wich work very well.

What I want to do is to make a Clean Install of Windows 10 ,With the New SSD a planned to buy and also upgrade Live8, to the latest I think it's Ableton 10 .

So How Live 10 Works for you all,is it stable with no crash , crackle , or sampling problemsetc...I also want to know if all VST work on it ,because I got some important VST that I dont want to lose like Waves Suite , Valhalla,Ozone,Sylenth , Massive , Nexus etc...

So can I upgrade to Live 10 with no worry or it's better to stay on Live 8 .

Thank you for your answersand sorry for my bad English ...

3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

ymmv but live 10 has been stable for me and when i do run into i.e. buffer or engine problems theyre usually really easy to diagnose and fix, which i cant really say about Cubase

only issues i had with 10 was some graphical bugs that have been largely ironed out by now

4. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

Ableton.Live.Suite.v10.0.4 and Ableton.Live.Suite.v10.0.5 are stable and excellent. Versions before that had a lot of bugs

5. DJK

DJK Rock Star

only plugins that dont work now in live 10 is audioutopia softube bundle, might be a win update that made it not work, but every other vst works no issues,

6. ShimrMuzik

ShimrMuzik Newbie

Thank you for all you answers.
    I will try to see how it react with and without plugs in on v10. 0.5

7. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

just remember if you open an old project in 10 and save it you cannot open the project with an older version.

8. Ballz

Ballz Producer

Live 10 is 64 bit only so if you're using cracked nexus by AiR you will need jbridge because it is only 32 bit if I recall correctly

9. ShimrMuzik

ShimrMuzik Newbie

Thank you for the information Daskeladden.
    Jbridged VST works on Live ? I never try that, because I got Nexus, cannot remember if it's 32 or 64bits but it works well, so I expect it to works well on Live 10. ( I saved all my good working plugins, if they works on Live8 they suppose to be better lol on 10)