Ableton live loop brace

Discussion in 'Live' started by Garageraver, May 1, 2014.

1. Garageraver

Garageraver Noisemaker

he guys

im trying to remix clean bandits - rather be just because i love those nintendo bleep sounds and really like the vibe of the vocals.
    Im trying to select less than a bar to cut some loops out of the song

but my loop brace can only make a selection of 1 bar
    thats weird because normally i could select less than a barr 1/2 bar and loop that selection

Does anybody now an answer for this ?

thanks in advance my brothers

3. floond

floond Platinum Record

The minimum loop brace lenght is a 1/4 note, so you probably have your fixed grid set to 1 bar, either right click on a track and change the Fixed Grid setting. Or if you like keyboard shortcuts, hit Ctrl + 1 a cpl of times (on pc) I dunno what the equivalent is on mac.

4. pipi

pipi Newbie

Minimum loop brace length is a 1/16 in session view and a 1/4 in arrangement view.
    And you can cut,copy and paste as little as a 1/256 in arrangement view.

5. floond

floond Platinum Record

You are correct, the loop brace is just 1/16 in session/clip view, it's a bit of a hassle to do any editing there though, as you can't split/cut/paste only crop the sample. In arrangement view you can actually cut,copy and paste as little as 1/16384 should u find the need :)

6. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Correct, a thing I hate though is that you can slice and copy/paste/move very little slice (1/16384 you said, didn't know it :))
    but if you try to drag a very small clip (below 1/256) to make it longer or shorter it returns to the standard 1/256 division,
    so doing very complex editing (I use it for granular effects sometimes) is a pita.
    Maybe someone know of a workaround for this? I'm doing some heavy editing just in these days and I'm getting mad *no*