Ableton live 9

Discussion in 'Software News' started by smartlad, Oct 20, 2012.

1. smartlad

smartlad Member

A bet its ready before bitwig!

3. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

gimme Gimme GIMME!!

Looking uber cool. Can`t wait to get my mits all over it.

Here`s to hoping the BitWig pressure hasn`t resorted in a "rushed job" to get it released.

Thinking of the crashy updates from 7 to 8, I was almost on the verge of giving up on Ableton.

Soooooooooo glad I hung in there.

4. AMERICUH

AMERICUH Kapellmeister

BOOOOOONER

5. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Yaaaaas

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

exactly what i thought BIG BOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEERRR!!!!! was waiting for that far to long.
    hopefully they will introduce more changes. my wishlist is so dnam long.

7. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Hope a lot more changed than this.. a few changes to a few of the devices, to me, isnt that impressive, I rarely use them anyway..

I noticed an improved browser... but.. what else??? :dunno:

Anyway.. probably wont see it released till 2030.. :rofl:

8. ArticStorm

ive used that ableton devices alot in the last time. even the weak EQ8 came in handy. hmm yeah ive this everything. its not that great :S
    you know my wishlist one reason ;) and they better go crazy with the big wishlist on the ableton forum.

9. TkiD

TkiD Noisemaker

Looks good, thanks!! :thumbsup:

10. A.Kurbel

A.Kurbel Newbie

soo excited! better eq, nice glue comp and a comp that looks like the fabfilter one! whats next? cant wait!!!

11. 8-bit

8-bit Newbie

As an Ableton user I can tell this is a joke.
    There is nothing to get psyched about. Grab Waves' Renaissance Eq (6 band) and The Glue by Cytomic, and you are set.
    The only thing I am impressed with is the video, in particular with the music.

12. ArticStorm

what i think is that defalut devices from ableton directly are cpu optimized and integrated in the gui of ableton. therefore im like to uss them with priority as any vst alternatives and they arent that bad as i saw.

... but other hand, i think we all now a bit oversurprised, because we are happy to see ableton is doing anything regarding ableton 9, because its a hell long time since ableton 8 came out and the latest new feature/ improvement was the amp device.
    i really hope they worked more on stabilty aswell - its kind of a big problem since ages - that ableton is a crashing daw.

13. A.Kurbel

A.Kurbel Newbie

i like to use the ableton devices the same reason why artic storm does it.
    they get the job done but the sound quality is less than average. sometimes they feel like free synthedit plugins.
    i was hoping they made them better in live 8 but instead they added a vocoder & amp.
    thats why i am so excited. it feels like they are trying to improve everything whats in live 8 instead of adding new crap :)
    the old comp looks like the fabfilter one and the new comp is similar to the glue which costs 100 bucks on its own.
    hopefully the version is going to kick some ass again :)

14. ArticStorm

was reading ableton uploaded the video on his channel and then deleted it again after a short time.
    well i had no problem with the EQ8 in version 8. ok the Low and the high cut wasnt the best - but for mixing it was pretty good. and ive used it more and more as the vst EQ i have.

well the stock synths are still pretty weak either. i cant even get a supersaw down with an opterator or an analog without getting a high cpu usage. so i think they should really update it in that terms. a gui update to todays standards would also go well. i mean when you look at FL, cubase, Logic or reaper - even sonar got a gui refresh. and ableton still looks like an old windows 98 app(hyperbeled ofc).

15. smartlad

smartlad Member

I use it all the time to cut I think its great. Just add another point to get a steeper curve or another instance to kill even more. I'm sure more videos will follow, just hope one reasons wrong and we don't have to wait 18yrs for its release :D

Dongle protection or not, I'm sold on it already and with a bit of luck (or sense) it will have everything else in it what peeps have been crying out for.

16. 8-bit

8-bit Newbie

I am w/ you here. When I moved to a new country, shitty laptop was the only way to cook some beats, and was
    exceedingly happy w/ internal plug-ins. But that's not what one Ableton should come up w/ in new version, in all fairness,
    let alone after 3 years. On a side note, Steinberg's internal plug-ins literally blow out of water Ableton ones, quality wise.

Well, this is very questionable, IMHO. I got lucky to have a friend who's in computer music since Atari's days and is a power PC user.
    That being said from my very first contact w/ a PC everything was well set. However, w/ time I started being interesting in
    what's going on in background and set up tones of PCs myself, from cans to 2k+ euros beasts. Never ever got complains about crashing,
    and most of them machines were and still running Ableton. I can tell 90% of them guys are total rednecks when it comes to maintenance,
    let alone s/thing more in depth (my former roommate was running Skype, Ableton, Poker, Firefox and Need For Speed at the same time.. I know, it hurts lol. But not a single crash. There were some, but it happened cos of badly cracked VSTs). My first contact w/ Ableton was when it has been in v7,
    not a single issue ever since then. The only problem I experienced over the past 5 years was AMD. TC Powercore didn't work properly on my very first DAW machine, the other AMDs I laid my hands on were problematic too. So naturally I learned that setting DAW on an AMD based PC is a damn no-no in my book. Maybe I am a lucky alien, dunno, but it's strange that everything works like a charm for ppl that actually know a thing or two about them computers. Anyhow, this is another subject. No trolling intended though. :)

17. 8-bit

8-bit Newbie

That's pretty cool, I mean improving the stuff instead of adding some bloatwere.
    But the thing is their forum is over flooded w/ request that should/could improve user experience, and yet nothing happens.
    Check this article, it'll give you a short insight how The job is done. Not to mention the things that Ableton users are begging to get
    for years already, and are covered by Bitwig. I like Ableton, no doubt, but you know how it works, there has to be an end which marks a
    new beginning. One comes, the other one goes. Cheerio :)

18. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

Well, another comp, eq and gate, exactly what the world was waiting for.

Seriously, at the moment I'd be completetly satisfied if they'd give me bezier curves, more shortcuts and perhaps a better piano roll/score editor/mouse wheel support - of course their plugins will never compete to all the fantastic the 3rd party stuff like Fabfilter or Zebra.

Or I am going to try Studio One instead... ;)

19. ArticStorm

1. thats actually my problem when i cant work on my desktop comp. having only a 3,5 old notebook.

2. well i never run anything else on when working with ableton. (firefox maybe - but without flash plugin and java :) then i do every month uninstall old apps i dont use, defrag my pc and then delete old files from downloading.
    well im running an AMD - so is this maybe the problem?

then i worked thru all the settings and fine tuned ableton even with the option commands you have to add in the options text file in the ableton temp. (force hyperthreading, etc all the ableton tweaks i could find useful) - but sometimes ableton still crashing.

20. 8-bit

8-bit Newbie

Same here, I prefer my PC doing one particular thing. AMD is a pain in the behind. Doing some researches I found out that major part of
    developers write their codes on Intel machines, some of them, TC for instance, even encourage ppl to go Intel.
    I was experimenting loading the same, heavy project on an AMD and then Intel machine. Once the CPU kicks 70-75%, AMD just can't handle it
    without strange behaviors, crackles and such (even crashes), while Intel (by numbers the weaker one comparing to that test AMD) manages
    to hold it stable at 90% like a boss. So I believe that's the issue on your side as well.

I don't touch Ableton's preferences much though. What you did is very cool, but in my opinion it all boils down to Windows.
    I managed to run an XP w/ 17 processes in background (when idle) and still be able to do everything I want to, including fancy skinning and stuff.
    It's a bit different w/ 7 though, unless one doesn't mind not having Aero.

21. A.Kurbel

A.Kurbel Newbie

no new news yet? i was hoping for a statement from ableton or something :(