Ableton Live 9 - problems with some Waves plugins

Discussion in 'Software' started by TobyRenseen, Feb 4, 2017.

1. TobyRenseen

TobyRenseen Newbie

Hey guys, I have problem with my Waves plugs. Some plugins shows black GUI, some plugins work perfectly. I google this and I found that problem is no-updated graphic card (problems with OpenGL). So, I just update my graphic, btw I have AMD Radeon HD 7670M, but problem is still there...But I really do not know why some waves plugs works and some shows just black gui...I reinstall Waves, but problems is still there - some plugins works, some do not.

I have Win 8 btw and Ableton Live 9.7

So, have you any tips how I can solve this?

I have the 26-12-2016 version from R2R.

Thanks

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

try a full uninstall of the graphic card driver and then reinstall this. Waves is using OpenGL and this makes always problems. you could also look around for an OpenGL update, as i did this Waves plugin working fine here.
    its not abletons fault, its Waves fault for using OpenGL still and nothing else.

(thought you are having problems with the Waveshell, which is more common)

4. TobyRenseen

TobyRenseen Newbie

Thanks for your answer.

So, I uninstall graphic card driver, then restart the computer and then just install and update graphic card driver again. But problems is still there. I checked my OpenGL version via OpenGL Extensions Viewer and my version OpenGL is 4.2
    So, this should be fine, right? Because I read on google that Waves needs at least OpenGL 3.0 version

I really do not know how I can solve this...And I still do not understand why black GUI problem is just with some Waves plugins...

5. TobyRenseen

TobyRenseen Newbie

So, I just found a little solution...
    I just uninstall Waves and then install it again, but now I install 32bit versions plugins too (before I select only 64bit vesion plugins)
    And then I just via jBridge run those 32bit Waves plugins. And all plugins works like a charm. No more black GUIs.
    But now, when I try run my 64bit version plugins, all those plugins opens in jBridge mode too. I really do not know what happening here and why now all my Waves plugs open through jBridge...
    Have you any idea why my 64bit waves plugs open in jBridge mode? Of course I am verry happy that all my plugs works fine, but I really want just pure 64bit version..

(Btw, I update my OpenGL and graphic card driver to the newest versions but some Waves plugs still having black GUI...Then I just try method with jBridge...)

6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Try setting the destination folder when you JBrdige to a different folder eg. "Waves_bridged". I guess you could move the bridged .dlls and their .txt files to another folder as you've already bridged the .dlls

7. solo83

solo83 Platinum Record

use an older version of waves, like 7 or 8.

8. TobyRenseen

TobyRenseen Newbie

When I bridge this waves plugins I make another separate folder like you wrote, so I do not know why my 64bit versions plugins are now through jBridge too.

I look on main Waves folder in which I install all Waves plugins - So,I have main folder called "Waves". Inside this main folder I have two folders. One folder for 32bit versions Waves plugins, and next folder for 64bit plugins. And when I use jbridge, I choose 32bit folder and then bridge this plugins, but I create new separate folder for this bridged plugs. So, it should be fine now, right? But, why my 64bit plugs are in bridged mode too when I open them?

9. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Try setting the destination of the bridged plugins completely outside where your original plugins are located. Meaning, not even in a sub-folder in the same directory. A COMPLETELY different directory. Try renaming the actual bridged .dlls to something like WavesMod 9.6 & WavesMod 9.7.
    I've never had to bridge my Waves plugins but what's happening might be something to with the way Waves handles .dlls with it's Waveshells.
    The WaveShell is a bundle and bridging the WaveShell VST affects every single plugin contained inside.
    You might have better luck doing what solo83 suggested and using a different version.