Ableton Live 9.1.2 and Guitar Rig 5 Problem

Discussion in 'Live' started by Alpha0ne, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Hi all,

I have a strange problem. When i open Guitar Rig 5.2 in Ableton Live 9.1.2 (32bit) and choose from Bassamps either 'Wide Stereo Bass'- or 'Precise Bottom'- or 'Song Threee Bass'-Preset ( I only tested these 3 presets) and close the pluginwindow and open it again the preset disappears and the preset Crunchy 800 appears out of a sudden. I tested it on Bitwig and FL Studio everything works ok but on Ableton Live the presets revert back to the named one. Anyone can confirm this. Its really annoying because i need some of these presets. Any help is really appreciated.

Thnx in Advance.

Ok guys, I found a solution for myself. After tring to deinstall and making a new clean install it did not work. What i Did was to revert back from the latest 5.2.0 version to 5.1.1 version of Guitar Rig
    and everything works fine. I think the either the installer or the crack was bad in the R2R release of Guitar Rig 5 5.2.0. Now the chosen preset and tags stay when you close and reopen again the plugin window.

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I might be in touch when I have time to test and document this issue. Thanks for sharing your solution. :mates:

4. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Its allways good share problems/solutions which man cannot find in internet though. Maybe is good for someone one day.

So, i also found that in other DAWs like Bitwig and FL Studio this release of Guitar Rig 5 does also not work very well. it is buggy, too. So its definetly not the Ableton Live itself it is version 5.2.0 of Guitar Rig 5 R2R-Release.