ableton live 8 automation effects

Discussion in 'Live' started by davpat, Jul 18, 2013.

1. davpat

davpat Newbie

im busy automating effects in arrangement view. recording and turning the makro knobs. i was wondering if there a way to set the automation lines so that there exactly curved. like the fade in fade out line? does anyone know what i mean? lol
    SORRY FOR THE WRIGHTING :)

and about the nexus post im sorry didnt know you couldnt talk about ilegal stuff
    well yes your limited but it works for me to do my deep baelines.and just to draw a couple of notes its great i love the sound of it and yeah its not cool just to load a preset and wala but you can be creative with it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_UkUHTYCfE&feature=youtu.be

3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

How anyone derives any pleasure from dragging a bunch of loops into live and stitching them together with drops and risers.. is beyond me. :dunno:

To each their own I suppose... I would rather chew glass.

4. smartlad

smartlad Member

Yes get live 9

5. davpat

davpat Newbie

yep each to there own device. i edit them a lot and i do my own loops .ok thanx smart i thought that would be in 9 cheeers

6. darkheart

darkheart Newbie

One Reason If you cant answer or help the guy in regards his question why dont you just fuck off and keep your snarky comments to yourself..

I think you should go and chew glass and do us all a favour you condescending self righteous pompous know it all prick!

7. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Hmm.. you wont be here long telling other members to fuck off Mr. 8 posts.

I gave an opinion. more a blanket indictment of electronic 'musicians' in general these days.

If you don't like it.. too bad. *yes* Nothing in the rules states you have to answer the OP's question.

There is a rule about treatment of other members however. :wink:

You should calm yourself and try to stay civil. :thumbsup:

8. Me2audio

Me2audio Member

i dont think ableton has bezier curves(concave automation curves), i dont know about live 9 :dunno:
    but try Mapulator plug-in for Max for Live , you can use bezier curves for track automation with this, thats what i use when i messing with ableton
    Code:
    http://quadrophone.com/mapulator-automation-in-ableton-live/
    tutorial

9. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Live 9 has curved automation curves ;)

10. Me2audio

Me2audio Member

@Alpha0ne
    Live 9 limits you a single pre-configured automation curve style, thats what this dude says here, i dont have live9
    but if you say so , i believe :wink:
    i think Mapulator offers more flexibility :thumbsup:

11. darkheart

darkheart Newbie

I dont give a shit how long I last here, or how many posts Ive made.

Youre mixing me up with someone who cares. Nothing in the rules states you have to answer the OP's question.But common sense and good manners does!

The guy asked a question..Normally people help each other with an answer..

Then we have you - "Oh look at me" "How anyone derives any pleasure from dragging a bunch of loops into live and stitching them together with drops and risers.. is beyond me.I would never use loops or anything or like that"!! BLA BLA Who fucking cares what you think! Construct a legitimate answer or walk on by!! Simple!

"There is a rule about treatment of other members however".

AWWWW Why dont you call your Mommy!

Calm myself you say? LOL

Im as frosty as a fridge...

12. davpat

davpat Newbie

hahahahaha :)

ok so thats that this concurve option for automating effectz would probably be in 9 then. ive heard of a program to do this what Maudio says. but it would be to much for me for just to do that. and sorry again for my grammer im rading it again i laugh.

and about the " loops not being a right way to work"("is adding a loop or two to in my project okey") this question will be in about every forum of electronic music. ... and people argue and argue this all the time, if i was asking this you could of butted in saying what you think...i was going to clear this issue
    but i cant even be botherd to wright any more bout this . thanx meaudio alpnehao dark :) hahahah that sounded so freakish

13. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Like I said ;)

14. Catnaps

Catnaps Newbie

I personally get zero satisfaction using loops/presets in my work but you don't need to do anything a certain way to achieve a great sound or because its "the correct/proper way" or whatever. In the end what matters is that you're making good music or at least achieving the sound you're after, doing what YOU want to do.

If you don't have live 9 you could always manually record your automation into your arrangement.

15. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I can't tell you how annoying it is to spend two days dealing with a completely ridiculous situation over minutiae at the forums and as soon as it's wrapped up I come back to this shit. Though I have to question the necessity of making that statement One Reason which is a little unfair to all electronic musicians out there and I know many that have more talent than everyone at this forum combined. However your comment wasn't disrespectful to any member and wasn't against the rules. Your comments however darkheat were and to our top poster to boot so you're getting a warning. We don't talk to people like that here for whatever reason. Just as easily as One Reason should maybe have skipped making that comment so should you have considered whether it was really necessary to post that kind of response. And I don't want to get into an argument with anyone over this. Take it like a man and start treating people with respect or ignoring them because that's what men do. Unless you think a real man is someone that goes around getting into fights over trivial bullshit. Let's all try acting like adults. I think one of the reasons that people are so unhappy these days is because we are a lot less tolerant so every little thing suddenly balloons into some insanity in minutes. In the end if you really don't care what someone thinks then just move on.

16. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Davpat for your information you can talk about warez and even how to bypass protections. The only thing in that regard that we don't allow is sharing of links to copyright material. What happened was that the administrator came through and saw the first post and assumed you were requesting warez which you sort of were. It's cool though, just be aware for next time.

17. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

K, well sorry for my comments if anyone was offended by them.. but sometimes hard not to speak what is on your mind.

There are plenty of talented electronic musicians out there of course.. but keyword being.. musician.

18. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It's cool One Reason thanks for the apology, that takes a real man. I agree that it sometimes is hard not to speak your mind but you have to remember we have a lot of members interested in electronic music and nobody wants to feel like crap about what they do. For me music is giving me a release from feelings I otherwise couldn't deal with and it would suck if someone came along and put me down because I wasn't a master of my art. Of course the response to your commentary was completely unwarranted and that's why a warning was issued. I think we can all speak our minds so long as we phrase things with our fellow members in mind.

19. darkheart

darkheart Newbie

I should also apologize for my language.Sorry One Reason.

20. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Then alls well that ends well.

After all, it is about the music.. not so much about how we get there.

(I use loops too) :mates: :bleh:

but not for the entire joint! :rofl:

Cheers everyone!

21. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I have to say that this is now the highlight of my supernova shitstorm of a week. Kudos to both you of you for your amicable resolution. Since everyone stepped up, I see no reason to leave that warning hanging over your head. It's been removed and you now have a clean slate. :mates:

When I began I was somewhat more reliant on loops but I made the decision to back off of their use in an effort to grow as an artist. I actually go into detail on this in the is using loops wrong thread. In my opinion loops should be the icing on the cake, not the main attraction. However those are my standards for creativity, anyone is free to do what they want.