Ableton Live 11 Official Release Coming On 23 February 2021

Discussion in 'Live' started by Caldera, Feb 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

i can try tmro to install it on my notebook, but i have removed multiple services and stuff on my win10, maybe i got working? I will post here.

2. Ozuna baby

Ozuna baby Ultrasonic

I guess I should really spend less time here on the forum and more time watching tutorials then, cause anytime it comes to working with audio I feel like I need an external audio editor lol
    If you say it's good then i'll trust, I'm not an ableton expert for sure (yet) :)

3. studio-view

studio-view Member

i wonder why they said that it only support on "Windows 10 Build 1909 and later" .. i been on windows LTSB 1607 and it been really good and light , but i just upgrade to win 10 enterprise 1909 just because Ableton 11 but the dpc latency are much more high then LTSB ..
    i wish i know it will work on lower build then 1909..
    Thanks

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

i upgraded last february 2020, it was a mess, all settings were deleted i did, stuff reinstalled (Edge, defender, etc), services activated again and more bloat. I remember i had a torrent download speed of 20 Megabytes/s, but Defender kept scanning and cut it to just 3Megabytes/s.

Right now my Windows Store is broken, but i dont mind, my setting is now minimal and uses less CPU, plus all telemetry is disabled.

The reason is for sure for Ableton to reduce Supporting Windows version, to have less amount of support work. Which i understand, because if i had problem, they could just say, hey upgrade!

Can u not roll back?

5. studio-view

studio-view Member

Thanks for your answer
    i don't care about all the windows store, Defender , Etc . because my desktop is always offline !
    yes i think i can roll back , i have a backup image for the LTSB with all the setting and changes that i did when i first install it !
    the only thing i really do not like about the LTSB is that it do not have Dark skin for the file explorer .
    so no any issue with Ableton 11 & Win 8.1 for you ?
    Thanks

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

Ableton 11 & win8.1 worked fine last night, i loaded a few devices, but had headache, so didnt play with it to much. But that what i tested worked fine for me.

You should be good on win10 LTSB with that older build.

7. spncart

spncart Producer

Has anyone figured out the new scale mode? I pick a key say Gminor and then fold. The problem is whenever I play the wrong keys, they will still play. I was expecting the key mode to act like the key mode you can find on keyboards like Launchkey, Keystep Pro or plugins like Scaler, M4L.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or is it just an educational tool to show the keys of a clip, with no further use?

8. Haliax

Haliax Guest

This looks like a purely visual aid

upload_2021-2-23_18-21-18.png

9. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Clicking scale folds this for you

upload_2021-2-23_18-25-20.png

Attached Files:

10. spncart

spncart Producer

Thanks. This looks purely useless then, they really missed the opportunity to include a scaler (which already existed, but looks complicated). Why create something new on top?

11. spncart

spncart Producer

Yes I reached that point, but I play from my Midi keyboard, not my Mac. So this is pretty useless (unless I missed something).

12. jojofun

jojofun Ultrasonic

Yeah, it doesn't snap to scale, just a visual aid, it seems.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List