Ableton Live 11 (Crashes, Other Problems, etc)

Discussion in 'Live' started by ArticStorm, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Howard Carpendale

Howard Carpendale Platinum Record

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019095140-ReWire-in-Live-11
    https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010526359-How-to-route-audio-between-applications

Here is the options txt line.
    -EnableRewire

But for others it worked .

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  2. Aural Abuser

Aural Abuser Member

Working fine on Win7 SP1x64. Picked up all my settings from v10. Ran through a few old projects and started some new ones. All loading and working fine. No crashes or issues.

-EnableRewire, worked for me also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Changing the ACLs through powershell commands is not that trivial. I don't think @Paul Smith will like it :no:

4. Paul Smith

Paul Smith Member

@Roject and @twoheart thanks for the feeds. I guess I'll have to reinstall windows in the nearest future. That's if changing the default file manager fails.

5. Paul Smith

Paul Smith Member

Yes I wouldn't :goodpost:

6. Aural Abuser

Aural Abuser Member

"The options file [Options.txt] contains an unknown option '-EnableReWire\' which will be ignored."

Dont know how case sensitive it is, but try "-EnableRewire"

7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

Ohh i meant, to run the repair function in windows 10, when u run the installer? is this still possible, i have never used it.
    Ohh you just need to boot into this boot menu, think there you can let it repair stuff.
    Strange in v10.1.25 it was working really well for me. very stable. But i found out, i might have opened 7 youtube links in opera meanwhile, which took extra CPU once in a while for no reason? closed stuff in opera and also reopened opera after that, reduced cpu usages for opera and this helped me to have a more stable spire+ableton relationship. :rofl:

I will post later my list for the commands in the options.txt

Audio fades enabled, i finally found, this was pissing me off in v10 too, you had to switch over to Fades mode, because the option was greyed out. WTF feels like vim :rolling_eyes:
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    The drag and drop stuff is even not solvable, if i run my explorer in admin mode and ableton also in admin? Who comes around with such bullshit? the answer is probably Microsoft :deep_facepalm:
    thats why i always run in admin mode and turn off UAC. UAC was the worst feature addition Microsoft ever did. For advanced users is useless. :trashing::suicide:

\end rant

8. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

That's related to some settings from those Antispy privacy apps available in the net. Had the same after disabling Windows Update and some related settings but it didn't appear when I added some Update policies before installing Windows. Probably gonna upload a trimmed down Windows 10 image for music production in the near future.
    Please take a look at your Event Viewer. To run it, go to Start and type in "event viewer" or hit
    the windows key + R and type in eventvwr.msc.

[​IMG]

Now navigato to "Custom Views" -> "Administrative Events"

[​IMG]

and look for Application Errors that contain Explorer.exe. If it's recoreded correctly, it should show you some informations why the explorer
    crashes or restarts.

Here's an example:

[​IMG]

In this case (a test system based on Windows 10 1909.18363.720), Windows search doesn't work/crashes because I removed Cortana
    and Windows Advertising Xaml. The resulting Error relates to the Image I used for this. In later Windows builds it's possible to remove them
    without future problems and with a working Windows Search.

Maybe you can get some informations as well and if you want, you can send them to me via PM and I'll take a look at it.

Had some similar problems in the past when a simple Explorer extension to read ID3 Tags from audio files crashed
    my explorer everytime I accessed folders with mp3's in it.

That's because you cannot run Explorer as Admin if you're logged in with an account with lower privileges. It'll always run explorer with your accounts privileges, even if there's an entry to run it as admin. Only way would be to stop Explorer from running completely using the Task-Manager and restarting it as Admin using the File -> Open menu. Easier is to use an explorer alternative - I recommend XYplorer or the free Explorer++.

Or you activate the hidden Admin account in your system and use it as default user account from now on.
    To do that, run "compmgmt.msc" and navigate to "System Tools -> Local Users and Groups -> Users",
    double click the Administrator account and uncheck the option "Account is disabled".

[​IMG]

After a restart, you'll see that new account and if you don't want it to be called Administrator, you can define a username for it at "Full name:"
    (the user folder in C:\Users will stay "Administrator")

But be aware, using that account, everything runs as admin automatically. Make sure you have a good security software/firewall installed because viruses/malicious tools run as admin as well + most windows apps (the one from the microsoft store) won't run on admin accounts.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Is IS Microsoft. The OS doesn't allow drag & drop into an elevated process.

True.
    But it doesn't solve not so advanced user's problems either but just treating them like idiots - and all the side effects of this so called enhanced security measures fill forums :yes:

10. droplet

droplet Rock Star

I reached the limit seems 10 was lighter. but I'm still keeping 11.

11. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

That's why I use the hidden Admin account as described above. Doing it since I installed Windows 8.1 back in the days
    and never had any of these "normal user privilege" issues.

Best thing is, If I upgrade to another system version or change my username, the user folder always keeps the name "Administrator",
    means I can copy most of my appdata/documents to the new profile and everything works as before because the paths that are saved in config files etc. & folder structures are the same.

12. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

yeah i needed to turn a lot shit off. This maybe cost the windows store lol. means NF in the browser and not in the app to be able to save movies to disk.

This would be awsome if u could do a trimmed down version for win10, would love.

13. Howard Carpendale

Howard Carpendale Platinum Record

Of course he has one already .

14. Paul Smith

Paul Smith Member

Thanks. I just ran the process and sent you a PM

15. Gotnerve?

Gotnerve? Noisemaker

The audacity of yall complaining about Ableton crashes and not working properly with a computer full of crack software lol

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. adsaxxx

adsaxxx Ultrasonic

I'm running live 11 here on win7. No crashes yet with plugins or instruments.
    The only differences in performance that i noticed was the startup time which is a bit faster than live 10 and also max for live boots up faster.

17. Plainview

Plainview Rock Star

hey @ArticStorm can we make a thread on max4live devices and tips and tricks , like for example this gem that turns any eq into a surfer eq that follow the root note to seperate the bass from sub
    https://imgur.com/gallery/wPujNaY

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

No one complains about Ableton, we just help each other and yes, with every major update there will always be some bugs or issues that need to be discussed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

go ahead and send me link via pm, i will pin it.

20. MrLoo

MrLoo Newbie

Will cr@cked Live 11 be able to work with Push2?
    Also, does anyone have cr@cked Live 11 installed alongside Legit Live 10? Can it be done? :) Thanks! ♪♫