Ableton Live 11 (Crashes, Other Problems, etc)

Discussion in 'Live' started by ArticStorm, Feb 27, 2021.

1. MRFEENIX

MRFEENIX Kapellmeister

Yeah I was getting glitches and all king of problems before 11.1 now it seems to have stopped all that and running alot smoother. I managed to get both VST & VST3 folders to show but i installed a few new plugins yesterday which immediately showed in 10.1.42 but again non of them showed in 11.1 even after rescan and resetting the Folder designation or turning custom on and off . There is definitely a problem with the scanning or the actual write to the database. At the bottom of the GUI it normally says Scanning Plugins and gives a running total and names of the scanned vsts but this version doesn't but when it did thats when the folders appeared. Its not doing that again and the new plugins are not showing. Seems to me there is a problem with an actual scan taking place. I really want to use Live 11 all the time as there are so many new features but for now im still using 10 as its totally reliable.

2. insomnia

insomnia Member

Looks like i have a similar problem to MRFEENIX with the plugins , where is the databass info kept ???? any fixes ? im on win 10 so its not connected just to mac this is a ableton problem

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
  3. triplechin

triplechin Guest

Something that annoys me is I cant get my damn pc keyboard to activate as the piano roll midi keyboard input and yes I have the keys icon activated in the toolbar. There must be another setting somewhere I am missing :dunno: Any ideas?

4. Shirvami1

Shirvami1 Guest

it should be like this, it works for me.

if that doesn't help, go this way
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live 11.3.10\Preferences
    there you will see the Preferences.cfg file, transfer it from the folder to the desktop
    then you run ableton, all settings will be reset to default and check.

[​IMG]

5. seves

seves Noisemaker

anyone has any idea how to fix this? never had an isue with the old "invalid pointee ID" error, after upgrading to 11.3.10 all of a sudden half of my projects trigger this and ableton fails to fix it, older version loads everything no problem. making an options txt inside preferences did not work, corruptalsfix did not work either because apparently this is something new and different from the old error.
    upload_2023-9-25_1-43-13.png

6. Shirvami1

Shirvami1 Guest

see here

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209773445-Corrupt-Sets

7. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

Anyone found a good way to deal with VST3 plugin presets in Live 11??

I'm running 11.0.11 and have no clue whether more recent updates have fixed the issue: VST3 plugin presets are not shown anywhere in Ableton (neither the browser, nor in the effect window / rack).

That's the Windows version of Ableton!

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

save them as racks? those are shown for me.

9. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

Yes, that works. But I also want to be able to load existing presets from plugins and they are not available inside Ableton. Not a problem if the plugin comes with it's own built-in preset browser, but a problem that's not the case. In VST2 plugins you can easily load the corresponding presets (see image)

Attached Files: