Ableton Live 11 (Crashes, Other Problems, etc)

Discussion in 'Live' started by ArticStorm, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Peter Juan

Peter Juan Newbie

So I completely reinstalled windows 10 and all my drivers and the problem has gone. Not sure what the issue was but it has gone and i can bounce complex projects again. I haven't re installed windows 11 yet even tho i know it wasn't that as it was fine on my lower spec laptop but I don't wanna risk anything haha. Thanks for all the suggestions and help

2. Oneeyedstan

Oneeyedstan Platinum Record

in some cases, i have forgotten the technical reasons,you get better results by decreasing the buffersize. one time i had such a case. but in general you are right, you have to increase the buffersize.

3. Oneeyedstan

Oneeyedstan Platinum Record

i also run win 10. actually i dont see a reason for updating to win11.

4. spncart

spncart Producer

[​IMG]

In Monterey with M1, Convolution Reverb and Convolution Reverb Pro .amxd no longer open in 11.1, is there a specific 11.1 Convolution Reverb version?

https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/convolution-reverb/ seems to indicate that it should work with Ableton 11.1, can you guys open it?

It seems to only be specific to Convolution Reverb, I opened all my other .amxd instruments/effects all fine otherwise.

5. mr.personality

mr.personality Producer

bork

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  6. MRFEENIX

MRFEENIX Kapellmeister

I installed Live 11.1 (win10) and my VST Custom folder vanished after repeated attempts the solution was to move the folders in Appdata of previous versions to another place and do a clean install. This in part solved the VST folder reappearing on next boot. I started a Deepscan and it got to about 100 plugins in and crashed. I did another scan which to me seemed a little quick. Now i'm finding missing plugins half of my U-He have just gone. I tried moving the folder and rescan but even after a reboot Live still saw the folder. If i clicked the pluggin to use it just said unavailable .So i tried Live 10 and it didn't include the folder after initial startup scan so alls good there.Went back to Live 11.1 and even after another deep scan still sees the u-he folder (that isn't even there anymore). I've not even looked at other pluggins yet . Could there be a problem with the puggin scanner?? Never had any problems like this before. I have Live 10 last version installed but that shouldn't be a problem as its not been in the past. I don't want to reinstall all my pluggins again because 11 has a problem. Anyone any ideas? Live 10 sees all my pluggins with no problems.

7. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Also had few problem with Live 11 plugin scans, it didn't found some of the plugins and the total plugin count is less that it should (I remember the total of the plugins I've installed). I just removed the plugins folder from the VSTfolder, then rescan, put it back rescan. Had to do this for 4 times already.

Audioutopia McDSP 64bit plugins aren't detected (not all) by Live since version 10 and I've been using the 32bit Jbridge version since.

The CPU meter behaves well now, that's a plus. Another noticeable good thing is the Cytomic filters sounds sooo good when it is driven hard now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. thomas78

thomas78 Kapellmeister

i didnt removed the vst folder, i just scanned some times, one after the other. has worked on my side. btw, in the plugin scanner's log file there was nothing to find of the missing plugins. very annoying behaviour!

9. spncart

spncart Producer

I had to remove the folder, rescan 5 times, and use 'OS x validate all AUs' app to make them being scanned again. Some non-native VSTs/VSTs also need to be reinstalled/updated if new versions available and/or re-codesigned too. All good now.

A bit of a nightmare but at least it's done and I'll be fine for the next few years with M1/M2/MX Macbooks...

10. MRFEENIX

MRFEENIX Kapellmeister

Unbelievable It's gone again !!! Moved uhe to sort out missing plugins and after it scanned ,the whole vst folder is now gone and no matter what i do it won't come back. What is going on with this update???? Why is it randomly going missing?? I've removed everything and reset and nothing. Its scanning the plugins but just not showing anything.. this is driving me nuts. Cleaned the reg nothing in the temp folder

11. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

oh boy :rofl:
    we had to deal with this annoying behavior until it is fixed.

12. MRFEENIX

MRFEENIX Kapellmeister

Just going to leave it .. was hoping to use it at last thanks to updates but now this. Just reinstalled again still nothing 2 days of this is enough :sad:

13. MRFEENIX

MRFEENIX Kapellmeister

Had yet another bash at 11.1 Reinstalled upgrade of Win10 installed and still no vst folder so got it to look at the first folder in my vst custom which is Harrison .It then took ages but saw the 2 plugins so then changed the custom back to my main folder and it started scanning properly and could for the first time see the names of the plugins being scanned along the bottom with the number done and to go which it had not done properly before now. I think its some sort of bug in the scanner unfortunately it now sees the 2 plugins at the bottom of the folder even if i remove the actual Harrison folder.They show up but says can't open them so im stuck with that as i'm not going to take the chance of loosing my vst folder again.Such a nightmare to install this worst version i've had to install.

14. MRFEENIX

MRFEENIX Kapellmeister

:rofl::rofl::rofl:This is so funny... Both folders disappeared this morning ... After another install and opening up 3 times got VST3 folder back half full.. after reboot all vst3 showing still not VST folder again.

15. MRFEENIX

MRFEENIX Kapellmeister

Managed to get Both folders to show after repeatedly deleting preferences . Only problem now is any new plugins i add just won't show. Can't believe the problems with this update. One good thing is i finally got to use my Tascam Model 24 with it and was surprised at the latency. My Tascam us1800 on 64 samples was 18ms overall but with Tascam 24 im getting 8.96ms overall massive improvement .Also general CPU is better so glad they gave the option to remove the CPU usage. Just hope this VST stuff will get sorted.

16. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

@MRFEENIX everything showed up here, all VST2 plugins - had reinstall KORG plugins, because the actual binary link was broken, which worked in 0.12 - but now it works again.

They completely rewrote the Plugin Scanner for 11.1, thats why we lost the NoVSTStartup flag in options.txt as feature :(
    It also seemed to rendered a few hacks for the VST folders unusable.
    This was due to MacOS M1 support, so it was recoded in general i think?

Is it only the VST3 plugins, which are not showing up?
    I have VST3 turned off, i dont like that you have plugins by developer sorted in Live, who even want that? I have the vst2 plugins by Design (Synth/FX) and then suborded by Developer, its not possible with VST3.

Performance is a lot better for me too (But it was already clear that 11.0.0 upwards will suck for a while compared to v10s). They finally got a lot of things sorted, which is away. CPU meter also stopped flickering randomly like it did with previous versions.

17. spncart

spncart Producer

Quick way to remove all folders from Places in sidebar, by clicking Remove From Sidebar?

I have too many folders I need to remove, I need a "at once" function or script.

Thanks.

18. send2nik

send2nik Newbie

is 11.1 now as stable and solid as 10.1.6? (on windows 10)

19. 9000k

9000k Producer

so many people think cpu usage is sorted out, meanwhile it was pretty good all the time and they probably just changed the way cpu meter itself behaves xD now everyone is thinking ableton is 50% less cpu intensive because they fixed how cpu meter is displaying usage lmao

20. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

no it was not. I am talking about how i can now load more plugins with 11.1 compared to .0.xx versions, how you explain that?
    Take the CPU meter aside here.

21. 9000k

9000k Producer

I'm not saying it isn't better with 11.1 (edit: well, I kinda said it :D), I meant that there are many complaints about Ableton's cpu meter thing which lives its own life and isn't (or rather wasn't) very precise and people think it 100% reflects real cpu usage
    can you tell me how many more instances of plugins can you use with this update?