Ableton Arrangment loop / Clip loop

Discussion in 'Live' started by insaner, Aug 28, 2016.

1. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

Hi guys,

After al these Live years i still havent found a way (ok i never asked) to use the loop function correctly because when you loop a piece in the arrangement view and then go to the clip view (so you select a clip from the arrangement view) to change some notes and press start and stop.
    The loop get started from the beginning of the clip not the set up loop region in the arrangement view.
    You can change the start point of the clip but when you have multiple clips you need to change them all in order to have the same starting point.
    But the only way to 'solve'' this is to click on the speaker thing to click your start point but in order to loop this you need to click manually.

I hope its not a stupid question because i like to work this ways actually, so maybe its just a ''problem'' for people that like to use it in this way, like looping and changing stuff without stopping the loop.

3. floond

floond Platinum Record

Select the clip by clicking similar to where the red line is in the image below, this will open the clip view and start/stop the clip at bar 4 in this example
    [​IMG]
    Rather than clicking the clips header as below, which selects the whole clip and makes start/stop play it from bar 1.

[​IMG]

Hope this is what you meant mate :)

4. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

I found another way, i feel kinda stupid actually.
    I messed around with the view and tada now i have the arrangement view and piano roll in 1 screen so that works also.
    Pffff hahahah ableton noob

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Glad you got it sorted. Ive been using ableton since ver 3 that came with my oxygen 8 controller.

6. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Hahaaa. How many years you said you've been working with Ableton ?? ;D

7. insaner

insaner Ultrasonic

about 5 years :P i use more DAW but ableton is my main DAW hahaha oh god
    i have a very slow learning curve for certain stuff, or actually i need some stem cells for my brain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List