Ableton 9 killing index process to speed up workflow

Discussion in 'Live' started by sardoumichel, May 4, 2014.

1. sardoumichel

sardoumichel Member

Hi guys.

Since the Ableton 9 update, the progam became very slow due to the indexing working process always runing and freezing Live.

I added My Sample lib, my Project lib and presets lib to the favorite folder

Opening a project, saving a preset in the libray (takes sometimes 1 mintute to tell "Wrong Id blablabla" , saving a project, adding new samples to library...every minute this
    SPINING BEACH VOLLEY BALL :rofl: drives me crazy,slowing Ableton or freezing :( :snuffy:

This was a big pain in the ass to work with it...

When I work on a "serious" project, i kill the indexing process via the task manager, everything is working fine as in the good ol' v8, or in a normal DAW :bow: ,the search function is still active.Only the indexing is dead

When I am not in production phase (cooking, watching moovies, cat's videos) and want to update the database, I close Live, reopen it , the indexing process restart, it's longer than before to update but works as expected.

3. TwistedCycles

TwistedCycles Member

:rofl:

Sorry, i have no help to bring, i use live 9.1.1 on OSX Mavericks and indexing process doesn't seem to slow down the whole program (freezing, saving etc... ) :dunno:

4. sardoumichel

sardoumichel Member

In my PLACES:
    Sample Library: 2To
    User Library
    Factory Packs
    Live 8 lib
    Midi Files folder
    A folder containing all my Ableton Projects (i like the possibility to unfold every project and browse inside to pick tracks)

Yes, i know I have a big library, but it has never been a problem with other indexing softwares
    (Locate32, sample librarian, sfx database, etc...)

My machine is quite old Quad Core, using xp.

Everything is runing fine exept when I save or drag a preset or a rack in my User library, the indexing nightmare begins, saving a project while live is playing can be awfully long :blues:

Why isn't there an option to manually update the database and not continualy scaning the PLACES folder?

5. tek909

tek909 Member

Don't drag when saving a preset fx rack, it's slow for me also man. I find that just renaming the Fx rack itself first and then by just clicking on the Save icon on the Fx rack window after you've renamed it and then pressing Enter. Next after the file appears in Live's Folder Directory Browser on the left side of the screen press Enter and Live will save it in your User Folder. Yes, I found this to be much faster man. I hope this helps you.

:wink:

6. sardoumichel

sardoumichel Member

@tek909

thank's mate, I will try this ;)

7. copylefter

copylefter Producer

8. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

Is this still issue happening in ableton?