Ableton 9.6.2 installation help please.

Discussion in 'DAW' started by wonderchild, Jul 27, 2016.

1. wonderchild

wonderchild Member

So I've downloaded the 9.6.2 version of Ableton (for Windows). When I try to "drag & drop" the licence as the notes say I just can't. I tried to run it as an admin but no results again. I had no problem with the 9.6.0 version. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time.

3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

You can also try double clicking the license, right clicking and "Open With" Ableton Live, or dragging the license file onto Ableton Live 9 Suite.exe (or the other way around. I forget which one works)

4. wonderchild

wonderchild Member

That worked (the first one-I am so dumb). Thank you for your help.

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

No worries. I've had similar problems. That's why I know all those alternatives.

6. wonderchild

wonderchild Member

So. I don't want to make another topic. I have some more problems. Ableton can't see Altiverb 7 and Softube plugins (x64 bit). I tried to move them to another folders but the same things happened. It just doesn't load Altiverb and when Ableton scans Softube plugins crashes. Anyone knows why?

7. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

:dunno:

I assume you mean the cracked versions. I've heard they work best on windows 7 and 8. Maybe try running in compatibility mode for one of those. Also make sure you're running as admin. I don't know for sure that either of those suggestions will be of any use, but compatibility and permissions are two very common causes of DAW/plugin problems.

8. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

@Cav Emp is right. Run Ableton in admin to initially scan all your plugins. On Win10 this was the only way to get Softube plugs recognized for me.

Also, sometimes when Ableton scans cracked ilok plugins you'll get an error message. Open your task manager and go to services and make sure that the PACE licensing service is running. You usually have to right-click and START.

9. wonderchild

wonderchild Member

Yes that one with the compability mode worked fine with the Softube plugins. Still nothing with Altiverb. Thank you guys! :wink:

10. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Remove the Altiverb plugin from your VST folder while Live is open (right click, delete or just move it).
    Close Live.
    Right click, un-delete or move the Altiverb plugin back into the VST folder.
    Launch Live as administrator.
    Repeat if it doesn't work the first time.

Make sure you are using the 64-bit version of Altiverb for 64-bit Live and 32-bit version for 32-bit Live.