Ableton 8.2.2 & Pro Tools 9 ReWire Problems

Discussion in 'PC' started by babybrown, Aug 23, 2011.

1. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

Damn, I just cannot get these guys to play nice. I have been ReWiring Reason for years but Ableton... jeeez... the plug instantiates within PT9 but then when you fire up the LiVE application everything goes... uncool! I'm talking about half speed playback, none of the vst's within the original LiVE session are able to be loaded etc etc. F'ing nightmare. Wondered if anyone can boast of any success in this area!

3. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

Yeah, Live doesn't play well as a Rewire slave. VSTs are disabled in Live while running as slave, so your only option, when mixing, is to freeze and flatten the tracks that are using VSTs. It sucks, but there's nothing else you can really do about it. :\

4. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

Yes but the when you try to flatten live will not do so when instruments are sidechained... aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!