Ableton 10 64bit showing Waves Plugins as Blackscreen :/ (but they work i just cant see what im doin

Discussion in 'Software' started by Brainmagic, Dec 2, 2018.

1. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

So it must be the GC (driver), Good luck mate :wink:
    Btw. not always the newest driver is the best, sometimes the vendors "badbettering" the software by new "improvements". So it may be a good idea do test several drivers.

2. Agent007

Agent007 Banned

At this point those seem to be the only options you have. Being the latest does not mean that it would work best. Try older drivers and see if it works. Otherwise, a different card. Your problem is not unique. It has been going on for years. Everyone that has solved your problem in Ableton has done so by replacing/updating drivers or using a different card.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  3. XImpalerX

XImpalerX Ultrasonic

4. XYLEM

XYLEM Newbie

I had the same issue a while back with Waves plugins. I resolved the issue on my PC/Win 10 by disabling scaling in my systems graphics options. Hopefully this will help you, if not, it's my two pence worth. Good luck.

5. Brainmagic

Brainmagic Noisemaker

Nothing helped :/ did a clean reinstall of ableton and waves, tried as well the emulatar and the waves cental Version of waves and also tried two older graphic Drivers... also the scaling Setting in the nvidea Control Panel did not help … hmmm

6. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

edit: solved

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  7. stopped

stopped Producer

I had to update opengl drivers (which were a bitch to find for my video card) to get some plugins to work

8. XImpalerX

XImpalerX Ultrasonic

9. Brainmagic

Brainmagic Noisemaker

@Daskeladden and all those others who wanted to help. i tried everything now and Nothing works. i dont wanna use the Studio rack i would like to run them single. still wondering that cubase and fl Studio start them as it should be… must be sth with ableton i guess but i tried 10.01 - 10.05 without success. in ableton 9 everything works fine with an older Version of waves for sure ….

10. XImpalerX

XImpalerX Ultrasonic

Not sure if you have done this, but...

SOLVED! Figured I'd come back to this post and post the solution I got from Waves Support in case anyone else encounters this problem. On Windows:

1.) Quit Ableton

2.) Press [Win key]+R type %AppData% and hit Enter. A window titled Roaming will show.

3.) In Roaming, locate the folder Waves Audio and move it to the Desktop (make sure you move it rather than duplicating it).

4.) Launch Ableton Live 10 with a fresh session. If asked to locate the Waves plugins folder, direct to C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V9

11. Brainmagic

Brainmagic Noisemaker

@XImpalerX thanks ,mate ! but that didnt do anything :/ ableton didnt even ask for the waves Folder it launches them as it should be even with the roaming fiolder moved before…. but still blackscreen inside the Plugin window

12. Brainmagic

Brainmagic Noisemaker

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fixed it !!!! You only have to do a SINGLE Shortcurt of the WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll in your custom vst folderso that the daw only loads this single file and not the complete waves folder and stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. DJK

DJK Rock Star

dont think its the gpu as i run the same 1050ti with win 10 and live 10.05

14. 88Amaterasu

88Amaterasu Newbie

omfg, Thank you Brainmagic! I've been installing so many different versions of V10, even went back to V9 to see what's the problem. Did this for 3 days. Then I found your message on this thread and removed my shortcut, followed your words, made a shortcut only for WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll and it freakin worked!!!! you're a legend man, nobody has ever found how to fix this issue lmao. been on so many thread and nobody had the good solution. Thank you for sharing it!!

15. seusmith

seusmith Newbie

@Brainmagic @88Amaterasu please how do you do that? I left my waves folder intact in C : and created a shortcut of WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll and pasted it in a different folder than vsts but I still can't :(

16. kaiomesmo

kaiomesmo Newbie

after much suffering whit this, I finally solve it!
    You just need to create a shortcut to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins, where the working waves plugins are!
    In my case, I was directing to other waves folder, so because of that it was black screen.

(sorry for english)