Ableton 10.1 problems shutting down and scanning

Discussion in 'Live' started by Marcsal, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Marcsal

Marcsal Kapellmeister

@The Pirate I did as you told me and I have same problem sir. Do you have time to help me by TeamViewer or can I drop the laptop at your place? I need to have it working by tomorrow night.Pleeeease

2. Marcsal

Marcsal Kapellmeister

Tried that it did not work

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Im sorry but am extremely buys with those projects I told you about. I can't do TeamViewer and if you drop it by I would not be able to work on it until Sunday or Monday.
    Bro, this is something you need to learn and do it yourself. I bet you anything that we are dealing with a combination of bad install and user error. There is something that you are failing to do correctly. Let me think about it for a few minutes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Best Answer
    @Marcsal I remember having the same issue with a client a couple of months ago and looked at the repair notes. Most likely you are not doing a complete cleaning of Ableton. For whatever reason, Ableton sometimes fails to overwrite old registry keys and values which leads to conflicts.

Do the following:
    1. Uninstall using REVO and its Advance scan
    2. Run Regscanner with Search term Ableton. Look at values, data, keys, search for unicode string in binary values and scan all the Base Keys: HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE, HKEY_CURRENT_USER, HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, HKEY_USERS, and HKEY_CURRENT CONFIG.
    3. When the scan is finished look on the bottom left corner see if you have more than 10,000 items. If you do Step 5 is necessary after Step 4.
    4. Delete EVERYTHING from the results. Everything is everything. (don't worry about screwing up because with the way I have your system set up you have will a back up as long as your laptop is connected to the local network)
    5. If the results from Step 2 showed more than 10,000 items you must keep repeating Steps 2-4 until no item shows up in results. The reason is that Regscanner would only provide you with 10,000 items per scan.
    6. Run Ultrasearch looking for Ableton and delete all results but your project files.
    7. Run the batch file I sent you and restart your system.
    8. Proceed to the new install. After the installation do not turn on plugin scanning. If it is working ok, proceed to add the VST3 and the custom VST2folder. It should work.
    9. If it does not work and you can't get anyone else to help you, drop it off at my office and I will try my best to have it ready for you by tomorrow morning.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Marcsal

Marcsal Kapellmeister

@The Pirate thanks. I will try it following every step you mentioned.I will report back with results. Thank you sir.:bow:

6. GammaStar

GammaStar Platinum Record

Just to say a big THANKYOU to PiRAT for being so helpful to this community.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Btw. when Ableton just crashes, you should check your firewall rules and your hosts file.
    On my system it crashed when I blocked outgoing connections for Ableton. I fixed this by allowing it
    and replacing the Ableton Updater with a dummy updater that just does nothing.

So now Ableton can connect but it won't get any updates. Can send you the dummy via pm if you like.
    Maybe thats the problem here.

But first check your firewall and hosts file. If your production PC doesn't connect to the net,
    uninstalling any network driver could also be a solution.

8. Marcsal

Marcsal Kapellmeister

@The Pirate sir you saved my life!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Are u ready for this? I had 97, 000 registry entries belonging to Ableton. That is correct 97 thousand!!! WTF?
    I had to run Regscanner 10 times because shit continued to pop up. Now Ableton opens in 5 seconds w custom vst 2 folder and all. I never had Ableton run so smooth.
    Again thank you! Also thanks to @Daskeladden who followed this thread from day one and helped me. Respect to you too sir. Big thanks also to @4re the king of FLStudio mods. You always help me and am grateful for it. You 3 are like the Three Musketeers. :bow::bow::bow:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Marcsal

Marcsal Kapellmeister

That is an understatement. That is why anyone who tries to say something bad about him has a problem with me. The same about @Daskeladden and @4re. These 3 guys have been helping me since day one. You have to be grateful in life. Im grateful.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

No wonder why Ableton behave strangly sometimes. Kudos to @The Pirate for excellent tutorial

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Don't be surprised I have seen more than 97,000. Per se Ableton is a very light registry modifier. no more than 200, however, this number will increase in relation to the number of other DAWs and VSTs that you install. With that said, 97,000 is ridiculously high and the by-product of negligence or lack of knowledge on the user's part. Some people get lucky installing on top of the older version and others suffer the consequences of not doing so. That is why it is advisable to reinstall once you start having problems such as yours. I am glad that you fixed it and even happier that I don't have to personally do it for you because am extremely busy.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

reg cleaner in ccleaner or ashampoo is undangerous...