Ableton 10.1.5 is ignoring my mouse and keystoke settings...anyone else with this problem?

Discussion in 'Live' started by woodywood, Dec 18, 2019.

1. woodywood

woodywood Member

3. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

i have a similar problem where the Ableton windows lose focus. If I press spacebar to play, for example, it will not respond until I click the play button directly. I would be interested to hear if anyone knows why...
    I should add, it doesn't do this all the time. It seems to happen arbitrarily...

4. woodywood

woodywood Member

Figured it out. I have a Kensington Expert Mouse trackball, the "TrackballWorks" software doesn't want to play nice with Ableton...work's fine with every other daw though. I removed the software and it works fine now. Using a free software to access my other mouse buttons.

5. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

On mac I noticed I have to routinely tap "Option" 5 times... somehow that is the toggle for the keyboard. I cant imagine I accidentally hit the key that much but... it NEVER has happened, until recently, now it's every session. I do use those keys alot for shortcuts, but man... yeah I imagine people are complaining, as something must've changed with an update.

I dont have mouse issues tho.... anyhow good luck

6. GreatJobChamp

GreatJobChamp Producer

YES!!!... what you have to do is hit the option key 5 times... if you are mac... Option, Command, or maybe Ctrl... but I am fairly certain it's option.

Try it... launch the program.. hit option 5 times, and notice nothing works, then hot it 5 times again to regain key control.

Something is tweaking on it's on I guess. I thought perhaps I was doing it accidentally but, clearly others are experiencing this.

7. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Is this with legit or k'd Live?
    I mean, I know the dev is cool, but he does want you to pay for it eventually.
    Does sound like it came with an update, but that doesn't mean it wasn't an intended bug, does it?