AAX to VST bridge or wrapper ? did anyone try to make one or trying?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by _wildpineapple_, Jul 18, 2020.

1. _wildpineapple_

_wildpineapple_ Ultrasonic

whatever you guys think of Avid or what their future is, i couldn't care less about it. because that was not my question. this is getting off track

2. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

What are you drinking? You just ranting, and not writing objectively in your Avid bashing. Do you really think that those using cracked Pro Tools were going to buy it in the first place or use the cracked Pro Tools, and then spend tens of thousands of dollars on the Avid hardware? The AudioUtopia Pro tools did not hurt Avid one bit. The Avid platform is much more than just the cracked Pro Tools. If that were not the case, we (legit users) would have flipped the finger at Avid a long time ago. Avid knows it, and so do developers. To the developers it is worth it to pay Avid because they know they will recoup it tenfold even with Avid's decreasing dominance. Anything to the contrary, they will flat out refuse it. Every developer is out to make money.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I agree with you as to the off-track but since you already received the answer to your question getting a bit off-track would not make any difference. Moreover, what we are discussing off-track is related to your question. Nevertheless, I am out of here. :like:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  4. curtified

curtified Rock Star

speaking of off track. I'm still looking for an in daw solution to host PC plugs on a mac. There was that wild crack work around of yesteryear made famous by Mayhem-C0sm1cSqu1d. It seems like there could be a viable solution by now. There are so many rare, old, and cool PC plugs out there.

As a mac user I'm using crossover and playing around over there. It would be cool to have it all on my mac side

5. genophyte

genophyte Producer

any ones that make dxi viable in 2020?

i still have a bunch of super old ones from demonoid and the sister site id like to use without an ancient fruity loops

6. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

One word: Reaper. :yes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

in merica pro tools is the one must have...here its more cubase , which get used by chart artists...not talking from electronic music...
    talkin from hip hop trap etc and the rest of cash crop genres

8. GianaSister

GianaSister Producer

And does MOTU plugins runin any other daw without DP ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Dmotr Softor

Dmotr Softor Kapellmeister

Cracked version helped me a lot. But now I'm gonna buy it.

10. danfuerth

danfuerth Kapellmeister

What "Satya Nadella" did was turn Windows 10 into a Call Center Scam tool.
    Windows 10 was completely slapped together sloppy like someone never used Windows before.

Idiotic changes highlights

1. System prep - Never stays the way you set it, if you allow updates
    2. Control panel is a mess, the old control panel is 100 times faster.
    3. Windows update, yes many machines are not on the net, do not get update facts of life
    4. The issue with Group Policy not allowed to be enforced 100% as it used to be

The most ridiculous change for audio people is the audio control applet tray icon
    This change in how you access your audio devices had to be redesigned by a complete moron who does not work with audio or has never ever used a computer microphone or camera.

Right click Playback and Recording -
    What a concept!!!

in Windows 7 Right-click the Volume icon Playback and recording are all there as it pulls up the Windows audio properties manager so you can setup your ins and outs from the same window.

In Windows 10 it brings you to a moronic control panel window, where settings are hidden in another menu

So make a shortcut to the Sound Control panel applet and put that on your tray icon and tell "Satya Nadella" to back to making sand castles.

For Avid they are trying to hold on to their old monopolies, buy up the competition then kill it, sort of what Apple did for many years...And what Autodesk and Adobe is doing right now.

11. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Using DAW as host seems the only solution.
    Chaining audio/MIDI as virtual soundcard/MIDI.
    You can even use free Protools in software bundles.

You need to build a Protools (or DP) template with effects/synths already attributed to specific MIDI/audio channels.
    Or try Rewire.

Or just forget about anything related to AVID/Protools (like me)

12. MetaCastle

MetaCastle Guest

@genophyte Acon Digital Media EffectChainer is a free DirectX and VST capable universal wrapper Load VST as directx or directx as vst also does anyone need winamp dps plugins to vst wrapper yup you read it right it exists and i got one

13. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

the point is that protools hardware is up to 10 times faster than your PC.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021