AAS Lounge Lizard presets explained?

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by conradodl, May 21, 2022.

1. conradodl

conradodl Member

Hey there! Does anyone knows what songs are referred in Lounge Lizard presets? The first preset is "BFly1", I assume it's the EP sound of some song named "Butterfly".

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Not without it in front of me... I know there's a "Logical Song" preset in the Wurlys...

4. Quantised Noise

Quantised Noise Producer

I always assumed it was 'Bar Fly', another name for a 'Lounge Lizard' but gender swapped, since it's not in the 'Classic Tracks' folder (which used to be much bigger - although most of them weren't close to perfect emulations)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. clone

clone Audiosexual

a bar fly and a lounge lizard are two very distinct species in the alcohol kingdom.

Last edited: May 21, 2022
  6. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

Don't you realize that because it's in the Tine category that it is most probably a Fender Rhodes after all this isn't called Lounge Lizard for nothing, only the most popular EP of its era just about everyone used one, the screen itself is obviously self explanatory, also by the names Type I-II-II-IV-V, why did you get this if you didn't know what it is modeled after?. I've been using this for many years it's my favorite EP , small size, easy on CPU and sounds so damn good on my MIDI guitar. If you're really curious about the BFLY names contact AAS and ask them, I'm sure they'll be glad to answer your questions or check out the manual maybe its in there. If its a B3 sound your after GSi VB3 or GG Audio Blue3 both under 40MB in size they sound incredible compared to the other resource hungry and hard drive hogs out there, check them out.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

maybe it sounds like the one in this:

8. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

No not at all Iron Butterfly used a VOX Continental combo organ later on to a Hammond, The VOX Continental, FARFISA an ELKA combo organs were the most popular brands with the majority of bands of the late 50's to the 60's and 70's along with the Hammond B3 organ, other bands that required a Piano sound used Fender Rhodes or Wurlitzer Electric Pianos. There were so many other combo organs in those years but the three I mentioned were the status symbols of that era, every keyboard player that I knew in those days used and preferred the FARFISA an ELKA brands over the VOX.

9. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Someone suggested Herbie Hancock - Butterfly

10. recycle

recycle Guest

Yes, I also received that suggestion via PM: probably the preset is named after the Hancock song.
    the suggestion also said "...As any keyboard player who plays Rhodes well knows"

11. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

By an "Anonymous" educator ?? :bleh::rofl:

Yes, of course, my dear ... :winker: