AA Xmas git Eminence + New Release Nickel!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by hackerz4life, Dec 21, 2021.

1. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Wow.
    You can download in your Aquarius, a creamy channel strip Eminence is free for now. :phunk:

• an ultra-rare '60s British 3-band EQ, famously used in probably one of the most famous and mythical worldwide broadcast studios, produced and developed at a time when record labels and companies maintained their own recording studios, going so far as to design and build most of their own recording equipment.
    • A 'Frankenstein' compressor that fuses two different seriously ‘Old school’ solid-state dynamic processors in one (591: an Optical Compressor – 612: FET Limiter) from a renowned U.S. audio electronics company.
    • a preamp section includes the preamp stages from all three units that comprise this powerful plugin.
    [​IMG]

Also new. Nickel.

Nickel is a "Made in the USA" plugin suite consisting of four different plugins that include emulations of rare units from the late 60s to the present day, paying homage to the genius of Bill Putnam one of the greatest audio engineer and pioneers in the Pro Audio industry.
    What you get
    Nickel includes:

• NICKEL STEREO EQ: A Stereo 4-band fully-parametric EQ with High and Low-pass Filters derived from historic US-made unit from the 60s-70s.
    • NICKEL MONO EQ: A Mono 4-band fully-parametric EQ derived from the Stereo EQ.
    • NICKEL COMP: A legendary '60s FET compressor, hands-down one of the most popular compressor designs of all time. More specifically this plugin features 2 switchable emulations (rev H, rev LN) each one is the result of sampling two different Revisions, also their relative preamp emulations are included.
    • NICKEL PRE: Four Line Preamps, four Mic Preamps, four SH1 (Shape mode 1) preamps, four SH2 (Shape mode 2) preamps from a modern Precision Microphone Preamplifier with Class-A discrete electronics, plus four Custom Preamps for a total of twenty preamp emulations. It also includes a fixed High-pass Filter (100Hz, 6dB/octave), a phase reverse button plus an Oversampling button to change the oversampling-rate (8x, 16x) to improve the quality of the processing increasing the sampling frequency of the preamp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    • Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

The compressor on Eminence is so good i would pay for it, lol.

Still need to test Nickel.

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Have you a Link from the Webpage ?

5. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

6. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Did you try the freebie yet ?:thumbsup:

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
  8. HammerTiMe

HammerTiMe Producer

I really can't understand these Acustica products. Good sound in some places, but it's incredibile how they collapse in the mix. Not to mention the very bad CPU optimization, truly one of the worst among audio companies IMO

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

I guess you were born after the Waves era. :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. northwinds

northwinds Kapellmeister

I like the Compressor but the Preamp when i turned it on just crashes my system with Logic throwing up some errors re sample rates???

11. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Just tried them both and damn that freebie is niiiiiicccceeeeee.

I think i'll pass on Nickel, though.

True. AA has always had a weird quirky feel to it, it really pleases the masochist in me.

12. Jeff*

Jeff* Kapellmeister

Yea it's a shame.
    Some products are good.
    But overall a washy sound, lost transients, and hours trying to figure out how to have a full mix running without freezing or crashing.
    Maybe they would be unbeatable if they focused on only a select few products.
    Lemon is dope for exemple.

13. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

can't believe that I'm reading this,
    Did you like any other Acustica comp? I'm downloading right now,
    But with past experiences in hindsight, I don't dare to get my hopes up.

14. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

I already have 1176 hardware and good algo emulations with purple mc77 and overloud 1176 so no need for nickel.

Yes, i like the Viridian comps and Aquamarine.
    Most people hate Aquamarine just like they hate hardware Shadow hills mastering comp, but Aquamarine is a damn good compressor, very versatile.

You need to play with shmod and soa on the new AA plugins, this is where the magic is.

The Eminence compressor gives body to anything you push trough, natural transients, no smearing.
    Put in on a lindrum or a mixbus. To me it sounds amazing.

15. HammerTiMe

HammerTiMe Producer

I understand that you are an Acustica fanboy, but I am talking to you about my personal experience. These plugins have character only in solo, together with the other processors they become dirty and muddy, collapsing completely. Which does not happen with Softube or UAD. And all the biggest productions of the last 25 years have also been mixed with Waves, so you're paying me a compliment. Thank you:wink:

16. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Waves has some very good plugins, just like AA. Average plugins can be found with any company.
    A mixing engineer hit us with a link of his song nominated for a grammy, mostly mixed with AA on the fb group.
    A lot of pros use AA daily.

17. GüntherDelirium

GüntherDelirium Member

Looking forward to try them

Never had CPU problems with Reaper here. AA Comps are sometimes a bit harder to sep up (with the amount of options), but sound always good then

18. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

Good plugin @hackerz4life, considering it's a freebie. However today we really have so many channel strips that frankly it's impossible to test them all. How is it with the CPU? Did Giancarlo learn to optimize his products a little?

19. GüntherDelirium

GüntherDelirium Member

After some testing I can say..Nickel and the freebie don´t need much CPU (Nickel with about 0.7 % in Reaper). Compared to at least most algos they still use more, but the newer releases definitely improved. Nevertheless I would love to see updates for Crimson and Lemon. Real CPU monsters:woot:and just really useable with freezing:dunno: