A61 Mod Wheel Issue + New Controller Recommendations

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by executioner, May 22, 2024.

1. executioner

executioner Guest

I was pretty bummed out to find my mod wheel malfunctioning today. At 0%, the mod-wheel reads at 32 CC. By the time the wheel is about ~75%, it's already maxed at 127 CC. So there's a pretty significant dead zone.

Anyone had this issue before and fixed it? I'm gonna take it apart later but I'm worried I'll make things worse.

In any case, I thought that if I can't resolve this issue, it might be a nice excuse to upgrade. I really like the action of the keybed for the A61 but the velocity control is not very precise. I know I can adjust the curves but it's something I've noticed.

I've been looking at the S61 MK2 and MK3 variants and was wondering what everyone's experience with it. They both retail at similar prices in my area, so I wanted to know what the MK3 has over the MK2 other than the screen. Everything is online these days and the showroom near my place is guitar-centric so I won't be able to try them out till they have it in store upon request. I need to have a keybed that is precise with velocity for delicate playing (piano), but not so weighted that I will have trouble finger-drumming. If anyone has other recommendations that are within this range I'd also love to hear about it!

3. executioner

executioner Guest

Also, is the MK3 compatible with cracked Kontakt 7?