A WORD TO ALL FLAT EARTHERS

Discussion in 'humor' started by Moogerfooger, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

The simplest way the finish such utter nonsensical discussion is to ask a "flat earther" to take a transportation medium of his choice, go to the edge of the planet and snap some pictures (or ideally make a video).

Should be fairly easy to do so, but if money is a problem, since they're so many (there's even a Flat Earth Society) it wouldn't be hard to set up a crowd sourced campaign to fund such a simple expedition...Just enough to rent a boat, set sail to the edge of the Earth, make a video and come back to publish their theory and collect their Nobel prize.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  2. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

wyhns tsi poitc still alvie?
    i mean ok u dont ebelieve in aflat earh i dont elieve either but why bring it u again it was dead
    my head is fucking exploding i need to sleepè

3. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

After watching a few of the flat earth youtube videos I can't explain ...

1. the Antarctica Treaty

The main purpose of the Antarctic Treaty, which was signed in Washington on December 1, 1959, is to ensure "in the interest of all mankind that Antarctica shall continue for ever to be used exclusively for peaceful purposes and shall not become the scene or object of international discord."

Multiple war hungry countries, run by greedy corporations (USA, USSR, UK, Japan etc) signed a treaty in 1959 NOT to exploit a continent the size of the US? WTF?
    Has there been a recorded expedition across Antarctica?

2. The north star constant

The Earth is spinning at 1040mph. According to scientist, we don't feel movement on the Equator because the air (clouds excluded of course) is also moving at the same speed.
    The Earth travels around the Sun at 67000mph
    The Sun is traveling at 500,000mph+ if comets have tails shouldn't the sun at that speed?
    The entire Solar system is traveling around the Milky Way beyond the speed of light

Why is Polaris the sole stationary object directly above the North Pole for multiple centuries?

4. electriclash

electriclash Guest

fe.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

So the people how believed NASA is fake and posted CGI stuff..
    Now believed the picture of MARS taken by NASA to be true again?

Can't seem to get enough of these unducated idiots who probably think Calculus is PHOTOSHOPED.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  6. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

I am not sure what is going on here.

I am not trying to be rude... but are you asking / stating / or clarifying.

The solar system is no where near the speed of light in any vector relative to any point in the milky way...

Comets don't have tails because they are moving fast - that is a false assumption, and whoever told you that is a bad person.

Polaris is really really far away - it isn't stationary but at the relative speed and distances we are not around long enough for it to matter. You might as well have asked.... if rock is really hard and you can't break it with your hands - how can sand be made of rocks.....

As for the rest - the googles can fill you in.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

Go to the nearest University and ask them.

Science is not easy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It's just so completely weird that someone would believe such ridiculous things in the 21st century, after having all the evidence, docos and education at their disposal. It is actually a pretty serious issue. Are people becoming dumber? Have the evolution peaked at some point and we started regressing? To what? Amoeba? How will it all end? Questions...

Yes, one who doesn't ask questions is the idiot. Socrates said that. But you have to be properly educated and smart to ask them and even more educated and smart to be able to answer them. Otherwise just go do something that you do best and shut up. :mad:

One of my favourite proverbs: If you have nothing intelligent to say, keep your mouth shut. :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Dan Fuerth

Dan Fuerth Kapellmeister

Actually some paid dis info shills took over the FE thing a few years back.
    I don't give a damn about FE, only the pursuit of bringing down the NASA crooks who have been deceiving half the world for 50+ years.

1. Is there a single rover on the moon, sending back live video ( as was done in 1969) in 2017?
    2. During the Apollo missions is there any footage of the approach to the moon 1 day or 2 hours before reaching it, from any of the Apollo missions 11-17?
    3. During the Apollo missions 11-17 is there any footage of the approach to the Earth 1 day or 2 hours before reaching it on the return trip?
    4. On the Moon surface no astronauts faces are seen on any of the hundreds of pictures taken, even while the astronauts face helmets are facing the shadow areas.
    5. Is there footage from inside the Eagle showing the Moon outside after the Eagle Landed? ( viewports were there remember that!!)
    6. The footage recorded at 10 fps then telecined to 60 fps then finally to 90 fps , anyone working in video knows what happens at the end of this, again why do this when you should of displayed it at the original 10 fps ( fast movement NOT SLOW)?
    7. From Apollo 11 to 17 there is no video footage of the triumphant return home showing the Earth 1 day or 2 hours before reaching it, this would not be missed in any mission of this cost and challenge so why ignore the return home?

So we know the Astronauts where close to Earth then headed to the Moon. We know they landed on the Moon.
    So where is the footage between these days? Or the Footage of the Moon approach or the Earth approach from 2 days or 5 hours out?

Also I as an Astronaut on the Moon would not miss a chance to get my face photographed on the Moon.It would not only be the highlight of my life but also cement my face in history as being on the Moon and no one could take that away from me. No Astronaut has their face showing on any pictures or film footage on the moon and this is completely ridiculous as any of them could of turned their face away from the Sun and have a picture taken shot from the side showing their face with the visor down even halfway.
    I personally would not let the chance of having my face photographed or filmed missed while being on the Moon's surface.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

I think if the man is just asking a question, in an environment that he feels safe in.... calling him dumb and an evolutionary throwback isn't a nice way to go about answering his question.

In fact we - you - me - might be pushing him more into the fold by dismissing him, while the ones sprouting conspiracy do so with open arms and large healthy smiles.

I am not saying that nice doesn't have a moratorium or an expiration... I'm just saying that being mean and douchy should be reserved for after you know if they guy is asking or telling.

I think these types of discussions will become more common where some people will have a real rational world view and would have been given the background and the opportunity to have overcome their reservations and developed the ability to trust in maths and observation science, while others ones had to go through the Alabama or Arkansas School system and they really ever got was a picture of Jesus and Fred Flintstone petting dinosaurs while watching Noah build his ark from lawn chairs.

11. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, mate, you have been fooled by someone.

vs
    Despite the fact that no solar system is travelling beyond the speed of light, if our system would travel any faster than our sun, it won't be a solar system for long.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

" When you go to a Kindergarten, you will find lots of scientist who asks the most profound and important questions. They ask questions like :
    What is the speed of dark?
    Why is the moon white?
    Why are grass green?

But when you go to the 12th grade, they never ask those question. Something terrible happened between 12th grade and Kindergarten. That is the failure of our education system"
    -Carl Sagan

13. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

"The moon landing would be easier than to shoot on a studio"
    -Emmy Award winner in VFX

14. iamtheprotocol

iamtheprotocol Noisemaker

Anyone who believes that the earth is flat should read up on the 5 platonic shapes and their relevance to matter and space time geometry

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. iamtheprotocol

iamtheprotocol Noisemaker

17. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

18. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

NASA lies. #nasalies

[​IMG]

19. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

@mozee I get you, man. But I'm too old and too tired to beat the horse that's been beaten many times before by far more educated and smarter people than you or me, or these...creatures. That's what I'm talking about. I will never question something that's been proven over and over again by many scientists. I just trust them. I'm not going to be a "smart arse" and say "I don't believe the Earth is round", because it's just ridiculous. Why would I even question that? Why are they even asking those stupid questions? In my mind whoever questions science is an idiot. :shrug:

It's enough for me that the scientists question themselves and their work enough to present us with evidences and finally facts. They don't pull those facts from a magic hat, 2000yo fantasy book, or from their arses, like FE [and "Intelligent Design"] people do. :wink:

I don't feel like it is my job to educate these people. They should do it themselves. I'm only posting this to point out they're idiots. If someone called me an idiot I would like to find out why is it that so many people say that? Must be something wrong with my views, eh? They should start questioning themselves instead. Scientists do it. :wink:

And in the end, there is a reason why this thread is in humour section... :rofl:

20. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

Discussed before, maybe in another thread, I can't be arsed to check. Basically different cameras, focal lengths, filters etc.

But hey, if the Earth isn't flat how does Santa manage to deliver all those presents in one night?