A WORD TO ALL FLAT EARTHERS

Discussion in 'humor' started by Moogerfooger, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DieM

DieM Rock Star

The thing is is that these subjects make us think a bit differently. If we don't agree we don't have to take part.

2. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I couldn't agree more.

3. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

Source and the research papers?

I mean all that we see around us.. 1 research is pretty small :wink:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  4. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Can you not just take his word Medrewb? Man do you have to question everyone who has some interesting stuff to say?

5. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

There is, shitloads of it, you're just unwilling to accept it. Dammit, how is this debate still going?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

Huh? The source is myself, no research papers. If a girl/boy tells you "I love you," you'd ask for research papers? You've been hanging out around wikipeedos too long.
    Meaning?
    Would 2 published papers be enough? 5? 100? You might be confusing simple statements with populist truth ("if enough people say "pigs fly," it must be true.")

7. DieM

DieM Rock Star

What proof are you talking about? An example would be nice.

8. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

I mean not really, no system is perfect but would you rather pick youtube as the main source? from the discoveries of antibiotics to transistors to MRI?
    I was asking for the particular Research that u said flawed. Not ur research

9. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

I question everything sorry :bleh:

10. DieM

DieM Rock Star

Medrewb There is such a thing as taking someones word without the analytics. It makes for a better interaction. But hey If that's your thing then who am I to get in your way mate. No animosity here after all we all approach things differently. Peace:bow:

11. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

Imma watch this for now.. see ya guys

and

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

Which part of "a closed [formal] system can only address formulae within its scope" do you disagree with?
    Wasn't using any research, simply made an a priori statement. If your goal is to make a circuit for an MRI machine, the scientific method is the way to fly. If you want purpose/happiness/fulfillment/rapture/mystical shit, things get more complicated. The scientific method, in such a scenario, becomes as useful as a bicycle to a fish.
    Unproductive, guaranteed infinite recursion.

13. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

Its not only formulae every theory have to pass experiments.
    Not looking for these in this particular thread
    Ok :wink:

14. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

Okay let's start with the basic stuff that can't be explained by a flat earth. Why do the constellations appear upside down in the Southern hemisphere?

15. Lambchop

Lambchop Banned

The Optical Illusion
    Semyon Semyonovich, having put on his glasses, looks at a pine tree and sees a peasant sitting in it, showing him his fist.
    Semyon Semyonovich, taking his glasses off, looks at the pine tree and sees that there is no one sitting in the pine tree.
    Semyon Semyonovich, putting his glasses back on, looks at a pine tree and sees a peasant sitting in it, showing him his fist.
    Semyon Semyonovich, taking his glasses off, again sees that there is no one sitting in the pine tree.
    Semyon Semyonovich, with his glasses on again, looks at the pine tree and again sees that in the pine tree sits a peasant, showing him his fist.
    Semyon Semyonovich doesn't wish to believe in this phenomenon and considers this phenomenon an optical illusion.

--Daniil Kharms, 1939

16. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I am not a flat Earther so I can't answer that and I wouldn't even try to. I do question things though like why do we see the sun and moon in the sky during the day at the same time? If we have both the sun and moon during daylight here then where is the moon in Australia as it should be dark there with a moon? I stay in the UK. It baffles me as some of the things we are taught don't quite add up.

17. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

https://www.space.com/7267-moon-daylight.html

or for a more in-depth explanation

https://www.quora.com/How-can-the-m...y-are-meant-to-be-on-other-sides-of-the-world

18. DieM

DieM Rock Star

19. DieM

DieM Rock Star

)

20. Dan Fuerth

Dan Fuerth Kapellmeister

Pay royalties like the other countries have to the USA for it's Patents. Those German stolen patents were INVENTED by German indiviuals even before World War 1, they had nothing to do with Hitler's time.
    The USA is not a world leader in Patents anymore it is lacking behind many other countries. This is what happens when PAID higher education institutions put people in jobs which they have no business being in. Basically you are paying $30,000 for university so you get a back door into your position with ZERO EXPERIENCE.
    Up till the 1970's all most Universities were completely public in the USA and $5000-$10,000 got you a Dentistry degree. Now that degree is $120,000 here in Canada and $70,000 in the USA. Private Education is the same nonsense of the Dark ages were only a few could read or write or even being up any new ideas.

No offense you have people coming out of University that can not tie their shoelaces properly!!!
    In 50 years you will have to pay $1000 per hour for a plumber to cut a PVC pipe lmfao!!!

You are driving around in 70 year old tech that is still fixed and repaired as it was 70 years go.
    You live a house that uses the same Materials as 100 years ago, bricks 1000+ years, even some house still use clay pipes lol. All we did is add Electricity to our modern living everything else is identical to 100 years ago. You still sleep the same way as the caveman, you still eat what he ate, you still crap the same way he did, our bodies have not changed since written language .

• List