A weird issue with The Orchestra Complete

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wolfang, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

I wrote some midi notes with (16 <- This is the patch number) FULL STRINGS - Legato patch in Multis using my mouse. It played okay without any issue at the first time, but played weirdly from the second time. It's definitely a legato patch, but it sounds staccato. Plus, when it plays the duplicated notes, the volume of the sound is increased. It should be played smooth legato, but it gives me an unpleasant sound. Although I play it many times, nothing changed.

Thus, I tried to input the notes with midi controller and played it. The result is very funny. It plays with no problem. I checked & compared every parameter such as velocity, pitch, modulation and etc, but I couldn't find not so much different between two midi notes I input.
    It sounds like "You can't write a song with your mouse. Only midi controller is acceptable." :dont::guru::crazy:

I'm wondering why it can happen. Technically, it should play the same sound if the midi data is the same.
    Has anybody experienced the similar issue like this?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Hi had exactly the opposite issue with Rapid. When playing with keyboard, there was problems, when playing the exact same midi part from the track, no problem.
    Surprisingly the issue was solved by changing the buffer of my audio interface. :crazy:

Maybe you can try this and see what happens.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  4. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

It's interesting. The weird mysterious magical midi world~
    I gave it a shot, but no luck to me. What is your DAW? I tried it with S1 and Reaper, and the symptom is the same. Which means the library or Kontatk has an issue.

5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

My DAW is Reaper, but the solution was given by Rapid's developer, as he already faced that problem.
    I'm sorry it didn't help..