A simple numerical method for specifying the number of accidentals of any key signature

Discussion in 'Education' started by foster911, Mar 7, 2016.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Audiosex education and our music spots are my favorite ones forever. Other sections are just waste of time.
    Most of members here have college knowledge about the music and as you know college dudes have incredible rush for taking a guitar to their hands more than deeply studying. Yes they're spending time on reading but reading what? You tell me.
    OK I am illiterate but at least I am hunger of studying.
    No, you're just exaggerating. They are so simple. You remember my interval chart. It may seem complicated at first look but if you memorize it with any method you like, you'll have no problem on scales, chords, modes, transpositions, playing, .... . All of the western music has been summarized in that table.
    My post just shows the place of accidentals (sharps, flats) that key signatures dictate.

2. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

ponderous... Rasputin-esque machinations.... :deep_facepalm:

3. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Oh boy, what did I just read..

4. m9cao

m9cao Producer

I don't think a musician really need this process in composition.

5. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

I don't think you get it: in C Major you have the following accidentals: C#, D#, F#, G#, A# - and yet you are saying that there are no accidentals in C Major.

Offtopic: I think foster911 & Steve Faoki are actually a couple of brilliant trolls. I imagine they post this absurd sh!t and they laugh their asses off when we struggle to understand and explain their twisted display of musical thinking. Seriously, at this point this is all I can think of.

6. foster911

foster911 Guest

I am just taking about the accidentals of the key signatures themselves (red circle around them) not the ones you would need during composition on working with scales.

[​IMG]

7. foster911

foster911 Guest

Just revised it to:
    Foster vs. The World

Also I liked you to be equal but please let us collaborate to reach to kouros.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2016
  8. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

This post is an example of what others mean about you not having a clue as to what you are saying.
    By definition, if the notes in the red circles are in the key denoted THEY CAN'T BE accidentals. They're simply the pitches that are in that key. Having a sharp or flat in front of a note doesn't make it an accidental. Being outside of the key does.
    For example F natural is an accidental of the key D major. So basically, you're giving other beginners misinformation and should stop immediately.

I applaud your dedication to advancing your own understanding but you clearly, don't understand what your saying yet. And that's why you shouldn't post your statements as if they are facts.

9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@foster911 I'm seriously starting to think you are from outer space...

come back Superman..save us !!!

10. this kind of things remind me the good ol' speed-reading training... :rofl:

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

Of course they are not accidentals in those keys but I just used accidental term related to C Major scale. Maybe it was better to use "sharp or "flat" signs instead of accidentals.

12. DoubleSharp

DoubleSharp Platinum Record

Pah, illusions of grandeur.

If that was the case why do you still demand so much attention ? You still seem to be asking all the wrong questions and doing the opposite of any advice that people offer...

13. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Oh, I'm greatful that there is an ignore function on the forum. Could be named "defosterize" though :bleh:

Perhaps this blubbering machine should start a "most ignored member" competition

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. DoubleSharp

DoubleSharp Platinum Record

Mannnnn. If you look at the keys, B E A D G C F.

You can see the number of sharps decreases by 1. Until it gets to F where they become flats.
    What is wrong with circle of fifths/fourths ?

15. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thanks for reminding us. I don't want to talk about the pros and cons of any method. My goal was memorizing it. If you're so happy with the traditional view no matter do it. If you memorize things with practicing no matter do it. But consuming energy for remembering them every time you need them is the worst thing.

16. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

He can't even figure out why he needs to know the name of the notes in ways of charts and "memorization" and you ask him hard questions like that? :rofl:

I never witnesses someone going so backwards towards a subject. Music really ain't fool proof.

I think pressing the ignore button is really the wise thing to do. He doesn't want any help and constantly asks to get mocked. Waste of time.

17. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

Your self learning skills leave 100% to be desired.

18. foster911

foster911 Guest

Music is different from language.

As you know, there are many different levels and kinds of musical proficiency and skills. One musician may be very good at "playing by ear", but may not even read music and cannot name intervals or write the music down. Another may be very good at "taking dictation" (writing down the music they hear), and yet feel unable to do jazz improvisation.

When we come to serious compositions, things differ. In composition we deal with numbers (in the basic form with the interval sizes- you love their names). Working with numbers needs calculations. How can you overcome this problem? We can not do anything by practicing. We sometimes need to think like mathematicians.

19. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

I want to give credit where it's due, so @duskwings & @kouros great job in trying to teach @foster911 the in and outs of music theory, then that's where it stops.

All of the bashing/nonsense will come to a halt right now.

@foster911, I will not knock you for trying to understand music theory, but until you learned it fully and figured it out, STOP.....stop with identical threads, calling out members, Trolling....

Just get to the drawing board, collect your thoughts and keep it in one thread. Stop bumping yourself with new threads.

@duskwings, you did the right thing by adding him to your ignore list, keep it that way. He's not bringing out the best of you, although most of your post are informative.

@kouros, i don't know where you stand in all of this, but what i do know is that your helpful and then your not, and it all adds up in the same fire-pit.

So in all in all this is whats going to happen:
    1. @foster911, if after this post you proceed to continue with your shenanigans and troll like threads...I have a Sus4 Hammer with your name on it.

2.@duskwings & @kouros, to ease the tension, you both will be banned from all of @foster911 threads you posted in for 30 days, after those 30 days (which i doubt that this will continue, really and truly hope so) i will be giving out warning letter and if need be, a sus2 Hammer.

3.Bashful & foul posts will be removed & threads Merged.

Thank you all for understanding. Please feel free to PM me for any of your concerns.

20. exr777

exr777 Producer

a sus4? you are being a very nice guy... just play a F# alt cord on a piano and close the lid.
    Watch them crave for the B... Major, minor major 7.... whatever... just give them any B chord...

Trying to be a musician without the base knowledge is like to be a formula 1 driver without the car.

I'm drunk... Maybe that's the problem.