A short ambient piece, and a few questions

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Close Reader, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Close Reader

Close Reader Member

Hi, I just joined the forum. I've been exploring working within Reaktor standalone (that's how the tracks on my profile were made), aside from some file preparation and final editing and stereo mixing. Do any of you have a similar workflow, regardless of what you're using (as long as it's not a traditional DAW), and do you have any advice regarding such approach?

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Magnifai

Magnifai Platinum Record

Even though I've never tried writing ambient music with Reaktor myself (therefore, I cannot give a specific advice, I'm sorry), I personally do like the mood of this melody, it fits the ambient genre quite well, so I can tell you are going in the right direction. :)
    I hope musicians using Reaktor for their tracks will notice this thread.

4. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Reaktor is a deep and versatile piece of kit but I have never used it in standalone mode sorry. The only time I've used standalone synths was to focus on sound design but that's been rare for me lately too as I do it all in the DAW.

Ambient has no real rules so it's always fascinating to hear how someone else approaches making their ambient. You've made a pretty interesting piece, hope you make more.

Whenever I've done a few of my own pieces, I like to envision a time period/event and place then try to make the soundtrack to what it might sound like. Imagine an atomic bomb goes off but you're tasked with telling that story with audio on the aftermath.

5. Close Reader

Close Reader Member

Thanks for the kind comments and suggestions, glad you found it interesting.