A serious question

Discussion in 'Education' started by Danie, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

I'm convinced that notes were created by the ancient astronauts, humans aren't intellectually capable of understanding notes! This is very serious.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Danie

Danie Ultrasonic

These people destroy the notes and leave an ineffective thing of them. Never ask these people for help with notes.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Oh ...

4. Danie

Danie Ultrasonic

My question at the beginning of this discussion was how to persuade different people to pay attention to the main and most important part of music and to be aware enough that when a musical instrument falls into their hands, they can easily create a powerful 10-minute piece of music.
    Where is this question so strange that many negative labels are attached to it? Why don't you want to accept this very simple thing as a producer? Instead of leaning on the producer's chair, which instills some kind of nonexistent power to the sitter, get up a bit and think about my question while walking. Maybe you can reach some better places.:sad:

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

No i actual meant if you can visualize music data (pitches) into the standard notation for paper release?
    So far FL cant do it, Ableton doesnt have soemthing like this, i would be a crazy way to compose for me. And i am not really in the mode to fire up something like dorico, Sibelius or final score. I know Logic has/had once really music notation view backed in.

6. FrankPig

FrankPig Rock Star

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

and if I reveal him that this is "music notation"?

that these writings are 'normal notes'?

will he jump from the window? [in a refreshing pool]
    upload_2024-6-24_15-14-35.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. ArticStorm

yes it is, but i guess he means the classical music notation, like they had in the middle ages.

9. apostolica

apostolica Member

Because I didn't want people to misunderstand my satire, but it didn't work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

Haha, okaaay. I understand now... I'll confess I'm a lil slow on the uptake over here due to poorly-recorded-mix-fatigue.
    Though, I still don't understand how you managed to jump platforms, Danie... or should I call you, Twitter-Bot_8096798228!!
    Concerning the lack of nudes in your profile? Maybe add a few AI pics, preferably with the correct amount of human appendages. :cool:

11. luigo

luigo Newbie

For typing so much you were unable to say anything at all. Holy hell.

12. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

I know Reaper is on both PC & MAC - are you PC? If so, get Cubase from the sister site. It has a good scoring system. It's what it was originally best at with MIDI and they never took it out. Sure, Dorico & Sibelius if you want to be serious, but if all you want to do is edit and print the score from MIDI files, Cubase is potentially simpler, Sibelius and Dorico are more fiddly, even though comprehensive. I wouldn't manually score in Cubase though it edits very well, but for MIDI ---> Score, Cubase is simpler to repeat. :)

One more small thing re- this
    If you look even farther back in musical history, all the stems of the notes were reversed. I can also tell you that some Russian tunes (Cyrillic) are in 1/4 time - yes not 2/4, 3/4, or 4/4 and yes, it's legitimate. Very few people write in that anymore. No, I am not Russian, however, around 20 years ago I was hired as the bassist for the visiting Moscow Circus and a chart was in 1/4.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

I looked through this thread and the funniest thing about it is that the most useful and informative posts are ones that are not directly associated with the nonsensical ridiculous rambling in the title.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. ArticStorm

i was so sure that this will turn into a humor thread anyway as i read that first post. But alteast people stayed civilized.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

My flaw is I was raised to share information I know to be correct from years of doing something. The hardest thing is avoiding much else other than a facepalm to someone who not only isn't interested in what might be different perspective, also does not care whether it messes people around. It's FOSTER. Here, once people know that, it's almost enough to not get too serious. :rofl:

16. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

@ArcticStorm - If you wish to do pitch to edit notation for print in Cubase, edit in Vari-Audio, then choose function/extract to MIDI, then edit the MIDI in score or directly however works best for you. It's extraction is very good but it's not perfect. You'll have to edit.

So yes, you'll have to work with notes which apparently, none of us know how to do. :deep_facepalm:
    Cheers

upload_2024-6-25_6-2-5.png

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

I swear

during my spare time I tried several times to think how to help this bro to understand something serious about music, always ended up with something looking just funny but that could be very helpful if he think at it, seriously

I posted Louie Arm who was born exactely in 1900, and is considered to be the creator of 900's "non classical music" in a sense, and then I posted Cubase's midi editor which was another revolution back then

last thing I can add is that "it was from me", a (lets say) classical musician who can read any kind of clefs/notations and who still listen to CDs (yes) while reading the scores lol

but I think that there's nothing we can do to answer to his serious question, he should just study music, seriously

18. Audioguydaz

Audioguydaz Kapellmeister

If you have a serious question then have the decency to give it a reasonable title so that I don't have click on it before deciding for myself if it's reasonably serious.

19. ArticStorm

well my idea was to actual write something in classical old music notation, i started with that (its very limited but i can read it for okay pieces). I have a feeling it will be hard but change the way how i look at music composing. I tried that Sibelius, but since AViD made this unusable and Logic doesnt work on windows i gave up on this idea.

so far i know that isnt that hard, its just hard to actual do it, if you have always thought in that more visual way a piano roll provides us.

now i actual really need to download R2R Cubase - hmm.

i thought Reaper had a nice "score editor" implemented, where you can actual draw classical old music notation in.

appreciate your help. :)

just to be clear, i mean something like this, now im not a mac user, so logic doesnt work for me.
    [​IMG]

20. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

grab cubase, record a midi file, press CTRL+R while the track is selected : ) you have it there