A serious question

Discussion in 'Education' started by Danie, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Danie

Danie Ultrasonic

Such a thing is not possible. If it was possible, I wouldn't open this thread. What I said at the beginning of this thread is the result of several years of research. Even in imagination, its realization isn't possible, let alone in reality.
    Instead of justifying the existing situation, better to think of a way to change it, because if the existing situation lasts for 1000 years, great things won't emerge. Even AI cannot change the existing situation. Because the its creators themselves have a problem with what I mentioned. :winker:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. ClarSum

ClarSum Ultrasonic

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
  3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I know how to read notes, I know how to write notes... but writing notes is generally for when you need other musicians to play them, or if you need to preserve your songs on paper-which doesn't sound unreasonable. I don't need anybody to play most of what I write, so... I don't write notes. If one day someone wants to play my songs, I can print out notes from Reaper. :wink:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  4. Danie

Danie Ultrasonic

What I wrote is not about reading and writing on paper and playing written notes etc. I mean how to work with notes. That you know what you are doing at any moment and stop doing random things.
    Suppose you want to make a song. Know what you are going to do with the notes during the work process and how to work with the notes so that a good song comes out of it.
    I'm tired of people doing random things with notes.

5. patatern

patatern Platinum Record

a question what?
    [​IMG]

SERIOUS???
    upload_2024-6-21_20-26-2.png

OH! MUSIC NOTATION! OK...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List

Attached Files:

6. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Rock Star

I've seen a post something similar to this a couple of years ago, and If i remember correctly i think it was something like "How do you look at notes"
    And my answer was
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Pagurida

Pagurida Platinum Record

Yep, I'm also afraid there are many of him... :snuffy:

8. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Ultrasonic

lobster911 got ..xxed , thats the sad outcome . i know from my old mother how it can affect br..n .
    sometimes back in the day he had interesting takes on philosophyeske topics , man but this ....sad .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Edna_Uebel

Edna_Uebel Member

Music is something fundamental. Mankind has always made music without knowing how to write notes. After all, stories can be passed from person to person without writing down a single word. Many good musicians need help to get their songs down on paper, because they can barely read notes, if they can read them at all. To think that good music can only be created with the help of notes is to reduce creativity to a technical process. But music is more like love: a feeling that needs neither words nor notes.

10. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

everybody knows its the "rests" that give substance to music, otherwise its just a bunch of noise. Only rests can separate the notes allowing us to hear the music. Without silence there is no sound.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Auen Fred

Auen Fred Ultrasonic

i cant read notes but can hear if a note is off scale
    its such a stupid topic cause its so relative . there are many famous instrumentalists that cant read notes .there are many artist producing sheit and have a Dr title in music theory .
    but op's post is actually about society , camoflaged as theory thread:winker:

12. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

Oh yes, quite clear. :rofl:

There's a lot of presumption going on here, but if it's a serious question——are we talking how to place notes together in an auditory sense, or the theory and literacy of them? That much isn't even clear. I think I might have to go with @bluerover on this one...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Magic Max

Magic Max Platinum Record

For me the solution is simple. In every song I write, I play every note, then delete the ones that sound wrong and I am left with nothing but the notes that sound right. Or I just leave them all in and call it jazz.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  14. scrappy

scrappy Platinum Record

bowels of the skullery at the court of king boris
    10 minute song???
    That's a bit ambitious, I mean Mr Mozart wrote a whole waltz that lasts just 1 of those.

I can stretch 'three blind mice' to almost as long as that if it means anything...
    'Notes' is his superpower, obvs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. woodywood

woodywood Member

A serious question...how old are you?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. Pagurida

Pagurida Platinum Record

If you mean the Minute Waltz, it's by Frédéric Chopin. *smartass mode off* :guru:

17. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

A Serious-er question for the OP—How long you been doing this?
    I've found the farther you get in this journey, the less questions like the OP concern most musicians, producers, or audio tinker-ers, especially once you hit that age of experience where you stop trying to fit what you create into a genre, and stop gauging where the "current state of music is at" (whatever that even means,) and you just settle into doing you. I'm looking forward to hitting that age where it becomes acceptable to shit my pants while yelling at sub-par music to get off my lawn, unfortunately that's a ways off.
    I'm not really saying anything here, I'm just trying to help salvage a thread born from either an empty question or a troll. :cool:

18. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

All music is sound, but not all sound is music.

Weird, isn't it?

19. Danie

Danie Ultrasonic

This sentence is correct, and my problem, which I mentioned at the beginning of the discussion, somehow refers to yours. Music in every culture consists of notes more than anything else. And the problem is that most people do not have a proper understanding of it. Now ask @BaSsDuDe , who probably considers himself a maestro on this matter, how to work with notes, maybe he will give some answers to this question, but I'm sure he doesn't know the answer to my first question either. Maybe he has information about a series of music subjects, but I am pretty sure that he also has the problem of making at least 10 minutes of music with musical instruments. This problem that I said is a global problem that all the people who work in music are involved with, and no one has yet offered a correct solution. This has caused many people to make big mistakes about music. Mistakes that may last a lifetime for a musician or other people.

20. FrankPig

FrankPig Rock Star

CLA.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List