A rogue is loose

Discussion in 'Collaborations' started by rhythmatist, Dec 1, 2012.

1. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

I have given up looking for respectable work. Ha ha. I am now a full time rogue. I am a drummer/percussionist, vocalist. I write, record and engineer/produce my own things, and I enjoy contributing, arranging and producing with other musicians. I am scouring the world looking for opportunities or fishing trips :rofl: . I am free to travel and have a passport. Got a project?---let's talk. You can find links to me and some of my work, my real name, etc. on my profile.

3. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

4. Feonix

Feonix Newbie

You should frequent audio schools; there are always representatives from major studios and/or record labels looking to start dialog with anticipating graduates. You can easily and in a demo, business card, flier or simply talk shop with these people to start networking. Also, hitting up nightclubs will help to some degree; often, promoters are somehow involved in the music industry and they seem to always have "awesome ideas," they just "can't produce" and "need somebody to help get" their ideas out. These people sometimes (not always) have means for investment, too. Hope this helps.

5. zalbadar

zalbadar Ultrasonic

Algae Have you look into anthing like Indaba?

http://www.indabamusic.com/

Ok everything I've ever done on there has been for free but some people get pay'd work out of it, or that's what I've been told. I haven't exsperenced any of this pay'd work so I can't garentee that you'll get some.

Good luck

6. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

One of the very first schools for the recording arts is here where I live. I have done a lot of work there as a session player and on my own material. I still do on occasion. We trade. Musicians get a free studio session in return for working with students. I have also worked there as a paying client. Some people who have worked there or gone to school there have gone on and done well. But of course, and these schools don't tell you this in their advertising, only a small percentage are successful. Real studios are working with a shrinking market. I don't think the pop or dance scene is the market for my material. And when someone identifies themself to me as a promotor or producer, I generally hide my money in my boot. lol I have enough material now to lead a band, so I am looking for resources to put one together and rehearse a tight show. Recording is fun. but as a musician and writer , I want to sing and play this stuff to a live audience. A video to use as a marketing tool would be nice, also. But I don't care about a lot of money or fame. I just want to make a living at it.