A quite simple cover (Ghost Riders)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Polymetrix, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

When I began my little project I wanted to avoid cover songs as they were likely to be blocked because of the GEMA - and then I wouldn't have been able to see my own videos. But as this problem is resolved now I did two traditional songs and now the first cover. I sang all the vocal tracks - no Harmonizer or sth. like that going on. Anyone need a dark voice for a dark wave project? ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. Beth

Beth Guest

"trying to catch the devil's herd across these endless skies" ....a quite sublime rendition my friend !

Vaughan Monroe, Marty Robbins, Johnny Cash, The Ramrods etc....now add @Polymetrix to the list !

One of my favorite songs I remember my dad playing...he loved old classic western movies and as a child i used to sit watching them with him......so thank you for bringing back nice memories!

"Yippie yi ooh Yippie yi yay"

4. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

Thank you very much! There's nothing better than bringing back memories or get emotions across by listening to music - and no greater compliment to a musician. Got a PM about my sad Christmas song (not here though) that the listener literally cried...and someone wrote it over at KVR. Although it's sad - it feels like the greatest achievement. So thanks again Beth.

To add some value to this post: this song is also a great memory to me. Not as personal or intimate as yours but still..
    The band "Die Apokalyptischen Reiter" played it as one of their last songs after one of the best concerts I've been to so far. Rotting Christ played first - never heard of this band before and they were so awesome...then the Reiter...pure energy...they played every single song I wanted to hear live back then and then they did this one as one of the encores. At first I thought it was an original as I didn't listen to country back then but later found out it was a cover of one of the greatest songs ever and my entry to just another world of music...

5. Beth

Beth Guest

@Polymetrix
    oh you are welcome ! thank you again!
    i will google for that band and see if i can find their version. i love collecting different versions of my favorite songs :)

totally agree !!!