A question of existentialism

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by Andrew, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Why remove the buttons?
    They are fine as they are, we're not children. And if someone acts as a child, well it's time for some slapping to put them in order

removing buttons won't solve "the problem"

2. Diogenes

Diogenes Guest

Yes, good points well made. My "crybaby" quip is really just a sarcastic dig at the fact that these stupid buttons exist at all. They seem to promote division, laziness, misunderstandings, tantrums and ego-driven popularity contests. If there must be buttons, and people insist on needing a reward for being clever enough to type their thoughts for the world to gaze upon, then just make it a single "harumph" button.

Sorry Andrew for going off on a tangent.

3. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I think that maybe there could be possibly a need for a "sad" (tears) button ;____; which seems missing, esp w/ all of (for instance) what happened to @TonyG as well as his subsequent departure. Maybe could also double as a crybaby button? =) As far as moderation goes, I can't rly comment other than it's been (as it should be rly) invisible to me; I just hope @Andrew posts a bit moar often!

Yeah, I feel exactly the same! *squints*

4. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

1. Put an end to the "look at me" type posts where the OP becomes the topic of the conversation.

2. Get rid of the nasty rating. Anybody making nasty comments should face moderation via the Report option.

3. Ban repeat offenders.

These actions should weed out the narcissists and the psychos who hide amongst us in plain sight.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  5. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I have to toss in again.
    Having a "dislike" or "disagree" button is fine, it makes sense. It's the nasty optionn that I don't understand; if it's that offensive, it should be reported. I actualy don't have a clue what my ratings are, but the thing really boils down to the fact that there is a big difference between allowing Freedom of Speech and twenty people sitting back and having to tolerate a few assholes down-voting everything (as opposed to actually makin their case *without talking mad shit,) and jammig up the thread with useless comments about someone doesn't know anything because they make EDM, which is garbage (feel free to replace EDM with any other genre; the point remains.)
    I get sick of scrolling through page after page trying to find something other than a web of comments referring back to a random comment made that had nothing to do with the posts heading, so this isn't about "Well, if you don't like it, don't click on the post," as the heading/topic usually reflects something of interest to me, it's just the reality of finding someone turning a thread on, say, gain staging into their own personal venue to rip on with Mac users (another fabricated example, but, again, the point remains.)
    Keeping topics structured and on point, if done properly, is not quashing anyones right to express themselves. Selah.

6. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

You talking to me? You ...talking to...me?!
    I don't see any other narcissists here worth talking about.

7. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Not to single you out, but, though I disagree [note above comment] and don't see any reason to ditch the "dislike" button. But, that being said, I do have to *kind of agree since, *ideally,* someone could/should express why they diagree in a comment, as opposed to mindlessly clicking a button. Ya'know, in a perfect world where everyone could spend thirty seconds to write a small piece explaining where they're coming from, as opposed to just wildly flinging handfuls of poop at the members of the forum. :rofl:

8. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

See, that's the intolerance that's killing AudioSex, @DoubleTake !! You know damn-well that there are plenty of other Narcissists here and it's time you acknowledged their gigantic egos as well. :rofl:

9. G String

G String Rock Star

Cheek! My genius has passed you by, somehow? See if I care!

10. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Ok, just remember i am going to hold you to that the next time you hit dislike on my post.
    I'll demand you explain the reasons why i am a know-nothing brainless idiot.
    And i want the full 30 seconds, too. None of this off-hand 10-second stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Hmmm, a full thrity seconds, you say? Can I just cherry-pick quotes from what you've written, @DoubleTake ? exempli gratia:
    I don't think sinking to that level could make this current Exodus from AudioSex any more crazy, but, then again.... :hahaha:

12. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

Hey you quoted me out of context!
    ...but it's an improvement....

13. haility

haility Newbie

I don't think either. We have lost the idea of what this place should be, what defines AudioSex as the forum to join and enjoy.
    It is partly my fault as well, I haven't been FileZilla UC Browser Rufus vigilant enough to represent the core values with my every post.
    Running this place to its full potential requires abundance of power to motivate others.
    When life happens, priorities change. But that isn't the main reason. It's procrastination and my unwillingness to solve all the issues. I openly admit it, in recent times I have been sometimes avoiding the boards not to take in the drama and negativity that seems to be persistent.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  14. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

^ Not sure what the above poster was doing copying Andrews post but it Necro'd this thread back and made me aware of it. I actually haven't seen this thread since I've returned from my 2-3 year hiatus this year. But that's a good thing because I have a few things I want to say.

First off I totally agree with Andrews original post. And I remember @Andrew vividly in the early days when he decided to leave cuz he didn't feel like he was fitting in the forums and me and @Catalyst convinced him to stay. Now look at him he's a mod and I'm proud of his development.

Next thing, it is also my fault as well since I have left this place for a while. I became busy with working 6 days a week and trying to build my career for 3 years. So I'm not really updated on the politics that had occurred last year.

But what I know for sure is that many of the regular members that had been around here for a while have now moved on, and I am guilty of being one of the first from the group to move on. But I returned with high spirits in the hopes to see the members I miss dearly again, only to realised that they had recently gone.

It makes me sad because I miss those members. And they made audiosex what is was in those years that I was actively around with them. It was truly a great community and I must admit I am having trouble finding the same spirit that this place once had with all those members. As I said, it is also my fault as well for leaving them. If I had stuck around I would have convinced many of them to stay.

Lastly I would like to say a few issues I have right now with the forums that I've been noticing as of current:

1. Too much double and triple back to back posting. This is wrong and should be a rule to not double post. Many of you may say that if you aren't interested than move along and it isn't a problem but it IS a problem when people come into other peoples thread and start typing up paragraphs and paragraphs of lines and posting back to back. This is spam, no matter how valid and useful those posts may be, and I would hate for this to happen in my own thread. I am not against opinions and sharing information, but there is a certain way to do it without spamming. Mods need to do a better job of recognizing this basic forum ettiquete.

2. Not recognizing the trolls and worst of all encouraging them. I don't want to mention any names, but there are members here that literally only post and comment when there is obviously trolling, and for some reason they are still around. And the reason why they are around is because they are sly and shifty, posting against members in ways which puts them in the wrong and making the OP who is trolling feel like the victim when regular members recognize them as trolls and start putting them down, and moderators start supporting these trolls and members who encourage them. And most of these members have the most negative ratings because they attack other members in a sly way, but they are still around and are only around to attack our regular members who have contributed alot to this place. This is one of the reasons many members have left is because they are being attacked by these trolls and the trolls are being supported over them...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I think this place is still great and greatness will return and I am always supporting this forum and care about it being a great place. I didn't help to organise an album and master it for nothing. I wanted to bring this place to a higher level, and I have helped give an album to this community, so I do care about this place so don't take my feedback as offensive or trying to be authoritative.

I might be a guy that takes the piss alot and makes fun but that's just me joking. In reality I do care about this joint cuz it rulez...

All in time, some new, good members will arrive and we will have glory years again. For now, we wait for the next wave...

P.S: Sorry for the essay but I guess it was my turn lol...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  15. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

Best post ever

16. [​IMG]

17. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

I really enjoy & appreciate to be part of this community. Easily the finest one i yet had the honour to participate in.

Been in here not that long, but i learned a lot, expanded my craft, am willing to help others. And i feel that its the same with many others in here.

Got nothing new to say here this time, just wanna encourage everyone including myself to keep it going & growing like it is. Now back to the program.:mates:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. G String

G String Rock Star

yeah. I don't usually mind but.........some peeps are big offenders.

19. DEEPIKILA

DEEPIKILA Newbie

That put me away from posting for a while, but I came back because of one person that defined the aura of Audiosex for me, a person which I never had a problem for a while, but then they went too far. And while I have been personally affected by this person's actions, I cannot deny the fact, that this person, Catalyst made an image of what this forum was.

20. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

@DEEPIKILA
    Two can play that game!